News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 NSS wiring

Started by comet_666, April 17, 2023, 09:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Hi, I am replacing the dash harness in my charger and it looks like old harness was hacked at bulkhead at D (white) and C (white*) locations to feed the neutral safety switch. I don't want to do this to my new harness and want it wired correctly. It looks like maybe the NSS wiring itself was run through the floor to aftermarket shifter and not 100% sure where else it would go, maybe brown to starter relay would be my guess. Doesn't the engine harness or maybe the wiper motor harness have this already wired in? Any help would be appreciated.

b5blue

I think the NSS just puts ground to the starter relay on the firewall from a switch on the transmission. 

comet_666

So without getting the car in the air it looks like I have brown wire coming inside, then looping back into engine compartment to the starter relay, the other wires tagged to bulkhead as described above but I cant imagine why if all I really need is the brown and a ground?

comet_666

I got this figuered out, the OE harness has 2 spade connectors that plug into the bulkhead at position C and D which the windshield wiper motor plugs into and a connector for the brown wire that plugs into the starter relay. The harness I had which was not OE had no connectors on it.

b5blue

comet_666

Yup! I have new dash harness and didn't wanna hack it up, the NSS harness I had was generic without the factory connectors, this OE one will plug right in!

b5blue