News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firewall Mounting

Started by NickJ, April 05, 2023, 10:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickJ

Good Morning fellas,
  Getting ready to start dressing out the firewall and needed a bit of a sanity check. I created a diagram but have 2 holes I'm unsure of (Labeled with a ?) Any help/corrections are always appreciated. Thanks!

70 sublime

On early 1969 B bodies the extra hole you have close to the wiper motor was extra and just had a cap in it  They say it is the same size hole as the caps they used on the bottom of the doors
My car has the hole also and has a 807 date on fender tag for Aug 7 1968
They think on some of the taxi cabs of that era there was a vaccuum switch set up to pop the trunk lid and and the hoses went through that hole
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

Do not know what the other hole is for
Any pictures I found that spot just has a dimple to mark where it is but not cut out
Where would a wire for a tach come through the fire wall ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

NickJ

The "extra" hole makes sense as mine is also an early build for the 69 model year. 8/8/1968. The other hole is confusing to me as well as most pictures I've found only have a dimple and no hole. My car is indeed optioned with tic-toc-tac so that may be what it is.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

doctor4766

Quote from: Dino on April 06, 2023, 10:40:58 PMCruise control
That would make sense.
I did have a look when I first read this thread and my '70 has wiring coming out of that hole and into the rest of the harness, but I didn't trace it to see where it went. And yes, I do have cruise control
Gotta love a '69