News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jeep Eagle Wagon or...what has my son done now?

Started by lloyd3, April 11, 2023, 02:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Letting that kid hang around in junkyards is becoming a problem. He unearthed this 1985 unit just last weekend and brought it home. Straight 258 six, Torqueflight transmission, Dana 20 axles but with no low range, just 2 or 4-wheel drive. He says it's got a following (where?) and that because this one isn't rusty (it's not) it'll be easy to move along.  I know nothing about these things (I was never a big AMC fan). It seems to run allright (considering it's been sitting for 6-years in storage). It needs lots of little things (somebody took the sun visors and the window cranks while it was sitting in the yard) but he feels like he can put it all right. This serves me right for dragging him around in the back of my car during his formative years....

1970Moparmann

I never thought I would say this on a 1985 AMC - with the larger tires it is kind of badass....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

426HemiChick

Quote from: lloyd3 on April 11, 2023, 02:42:03 PMLetting that kid hang around in junkyards is becoming a problem. He unearthed this 1985 unit just last weekend and brought it home. Straight 258 six, Torqueflight transmission, Dana 20 axles but with no low range, just 2 or 4-wheel drive. He says it's got a following (where?) and that because this one isn't rusty (it's not) it'll be easy to move along.  I know nothing about these things (I was never a big AMC fan). It seems to run allright (considering it's been sitting for 6-years in storage). It needs lots of little things (somebody took the sun visors and the window cranks while it was sitting in the yard) but he feels like he can put it all right. This serves me right for dragging him around in the back of my car during his formative years....

Hi lloyd3,            11 April 2023

Lloyd, he's not using drugs, not robbing stores; just count your BLESSINGS and keep supporting his endeavors !!! You're a Great Dad; wish I would have had one.

Best Always
426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

lloyd3

That's funny, his mother says exactly the same things.

Thankyou Ladies!

Todd Wilson

Thats pretty cool! A refreshing change as to what we currently see out there!

Todd