News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My buddy's old car

Started by lloyd3, April 20, 2023, 04:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBN1n6k0Q3c

Bob Gillette helped me find my car back in 1996. He was an "older" fellow (like 20-years older) who I worked with at Stoneboro Lake when I was still a teenager (surprised he would even put-up with me then, and so was he!) Our common language was cars... and he had several nice ones over the years (GTOs, GTXs, Chargers, 55, 56 and 57 Chevy BelAires, etc). He worked at Reznor (i.e., the heaters!) in Mercer, Pennsylvania and he'd buy nice, older, usually local cars, partially restore them (usually only a cosmetic freshening), and then take them to Carlisle, PA for the big swap meet there. We'd kept in touch over the years because I think he took a little credit for helping me grow-up (at least he should have). Bob passed in 2018, before that (sometime in 2017?) he sold this Charger to a local yokel. The price was abysmally low (like $8k, he must have really liked the guy) and I guessed then that he'd eventually flip it. Sure enough, here it is. I drove it with Bob shortly before it was sold (like the Fall before) and it was a really nice driver. Very low miles, always garaged, never abused (the original owner was elderly) and of-course at that time, it was only a 2-owner car (Bob was the 2nd). The Charger 500 color combination, the 383 2-bbl, and the luggage rack on the trunk lid is unmistakable. The tires and rims are now different, but that's it.

lloyd3

Here Steve pulls the interior apart in this 24K miles original car to find the build sheet. Spoiler alert, he finds it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BApOqaYMRo

In his description of the car's history, Steve mentions that the car originally came from Rhode Island, and that sounds familiar. He goes on further to identify the original owner as being a young women?  That doesn't sound right to me, but maybe my friend didn't have access to the resources that this big resale operation does?

lloyd3

b5blue

Very nice car I like the colors!  :2thumbs:

lloyd3

It was lovely to drive. I've never seen leather in a Charger before.  Hard to lose your car buddies and Bob was a good one.