News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which car is worth more ?

Started by 70 sublime, April 22, 2023, 11:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

My son is looking to renovate the old farm house on our farm and move in there
If the bank is going to be too stupid about it I may let one car go to get him some money
We have not got to that point yet but I have been thinking about it

So which car is worth the most ?
1969 Charger
Factory 383 car with a 1971 383 auto in it now
Has fender tag
8 3/4 rear end with 2.92 limited slip
4 wheel drum brakes
Q5 car when new but at some point in the 1970's it had a fender bender and one quarter panel was changed and painted black at that time
To hide the new quarter a white vinyl top was added
Original floors but I changed the trunk pan
Decent set of green 68 bucket seats and matching back seat
Body is not perfect
Have put over 12 000 miles on it the last 3 summers and works perfectly

1970 Charger
Started out life 318 auto F8 green car
No fender tag or build sheet
I got it from an estate
Previous owner had 2 chargers but did not get this one done before passing away from cancer
Car was on jack stands with no rear end and just K frame bolted in
All new amd metal had been welded in from rad support to rear valance
Totally new car
Only thing needing work still is the front fenders hood and front valance
Car also had frame conectors and torque boxes welded in
Now it has disc brakes on the front
8 3/4 with 3.23 limited slip rear end drum brakes on the back
Started painting the car FJ5
Inside trunk , interior , front end all green now
Firewall back is in primer ready for paint
Now has 1972 440 marine block bored out 60 thousand brand new build very close to stock never started yet with 6 pack and 4 speed set up
Have 2 sets of 1970 front bucket seats one black and one green and one 68 black back seat
Rest of the interior trim parts are green
Front suspension and K frame has been all rebuilt and painted
Just going back together now
Have 95% of the parts to finish putting back together
Will need carpet and windshield gaskets type stuff
Yes the 70 is an AC car and they never had a factory 6 pack AC car but this is what was going to happen anyways

So which car would be worth more to sell
69 you can drive now and tinker on or 70 dream car build you could have done in less than a year ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi-hampton

I'd guess 69 worth more.  :shruggy:  :scratchchin:  LEON.

BrianShaughnessy

:shruggy:

From a totally stock perspective I'd guess the '69. 

But both are not original....  but from the sounds of it,  the '70 is worth more as a partially finished resto-mod due to the collection of parts. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Troy

That's tough. While I agree some of the value of the 70 is in the parts, it's an unfinished car requiring a bunch of work (time, effort, money, materials) to complete. As the 69 is worth more in general (more desirable to most) AND it's drivable AND and projects are almost always a net loss, I'd bet the 69 is worth more than the 70. Today. Possibly considerably more if a person could blow it apart and paint it without major rust repair. For restoration value, the 69 is a factory big block car in a desirable color (Q5) while the 70 is a green, small block... 70. The market is going to be much larger for the 69 and it would likely sell faster no matter which is worth more.

Also, my perspective on the 70 is if the work done so far is high quality I'd want to finish the car in the same manner. For me, that's a huge undertaking. I wouldn't have to do much to the 69 to enjoy it and I could always restore it later or tackle small projects while still driving it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RiverRaider

Rather than selling either car have you considered getting a loan against the 69 Charger rather than a contruction loan.  It gets you the capital you want and you keep your car.  The 69 is worth more as they are. 
My first Charger was a Stock Car.