News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mechanical fan/fan clutch combo?

Started by Marck, April 26, 2023, 10:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marck

Hi guys,

Sooo it turns out my fan clutch is on it's last leg, according to my mechanic.
I have a Hayden HDA-2947 laying around, but my current fan is a different bolt pattern, so it won't fit.
What can you guys recommend, either a fan that matches my Hayden unit, or a combo fan and clutch.
Depthwise I have about 3,5 inches to work with.
1968 Charger, 511 cui street driven.
Current setup is a 4-bolt 7 blade unit, with offset boltholes. 19 inch diameter.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I need it driving friday next week for a family event, and I'm a long way away in Denmark.  :icon_smile_big:

Attaching pitcures of current setup.

b5blue

My experience is stick with whatever works. (Worked)

armor64

i ended up trying out the Hayden 2947, and a Derale 17119 (19in fan). Bolted right in with a stock fan shroud, Thicker Alum Radiator, and CVF V-Belt accessories.
M

GreenMachine

Where did that fan/clutch combo come from? If it worked, maybe find another.
Me personally, I'd order an original 2863216 fan, it's original to your car and it will fit your new 2947 clutch. They're being reproduced, do a search for that part number and you should get a lot of results.
But if you can't get one in time, if the center hole of your fan fits snug on the new clutch, I don't see why you couldn't just drill new mounting holes in the fan. Assuming it doesn't put the fan too close to the radiator.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.