News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WARNING -PARTS SCAMMERS the new thing

Started by AKcharger, May 01, 2023, 09:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Latest craze seems to be going to forums and sites and selling parts they don't have. I got burned on MOPARTS so just a reminder:
- If their post count here is low WARNING
- I now want a picture of the part with something random added...like a penny sitting on the part
- Reverse google the photo to see if it's just screen shot

Cheers!

Mopar Nut

Sorry to hear you got scammed, but that's one of the oldest scams in the book.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

AKcharger

perhaps I was just lulled into it buy 20 years of good people here at DC.com

A383Wing

it's even worse on Facebook in the groups....

b5blue

Dino

Yeah it's rampant. Never ever send money to "friends and family" with PayPal. You will have no recourse if parts don't arrive. Also ask the seller to take a picture of the part with a note next to it that says something you asked him to write. If they can't be bothered than they can keep it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

I found that out for about 75.00 a few years back!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: AKcharger on May 01, 2023, 10:38:22 PMperhaps I was just lulled into it buy 20 years of good people here at DC.com

:iagree:

Another reason to keep alive this board no matter the lowered account of new post vs the old days.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RiverRaider

Over the years I have had several photos if items I had for sale at swap meets show up in fake ads.

This hood shows up the most, seen it listed with different angles, the second day of the show it faced the other way on or spot.  The first time on the net it was still at the show.  One of our customers showed it to us listed for $200 more.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.