News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Superbird chin spoiler bolts

Started by Impkidd, May 03, 2023, 09:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Impkidd

I had recently ordered a Superbird chin spoiler bolt and rivet nut kit for the Dave Patik spoiler, from Performance Car Graphics. They had sent me these silver bolts in the picture. They look like nothing I expected to get. I thought they were to be black phosphate with captive washers?
   PCG claims they are Chrysler marked bolt heads used in the industry? Look like hardware bolts to me.. What do you have on your wing cars?

Birdflu

Seems like the forum board is getting less activity these days! Attached is a picture of the B5 blue bird they were judging/inspecting when Wendy and I met you at MCACN. Right wrong or otherwise, I know there were some things in question about that Bird as we had learned from the guy inspecting it. Whether those bolts were part of the skepticism...dunno? Hope your project is coming along!

Birdflu

Quote from: Birdflu on May 11, 2023, 10:29:22 AMSeems like the forum board is getting less activity these days! Attached is a picture of the B5 blue bird they were judging/inspecting when Wendy and I met you at MCACN. Right wrong or otherwise, I know there were some things in question about that Bird as we had learned from the guy inspecting it. Whether those bolts were part of the skepticism...dunno? Hope your project is coming along!

birdsandbees

If anyone crawls under my car that far... they're going the rest of the way out the back !  :coolgleamA:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Impkidd

Quote from: Birdflu on May 11, 2023, 10:29:22 AMSeems like the forum board is getting less activity these days! Attached is a picture of the B5 blue bird they were judging/inspecting when Wendy and I met you at MCACN. Right wrong or otherwise, I know there were some things in question about that Bird as we had learned from the guy inspecting it. Whether those bolts were part of the skepticism...dunno? Hope your project is coming along!

Yeah, it was good to meet both of you at MCACN. Actually, I've done about 15 minutes of video of that bird while it was on the rack. But whatever pics that I took, they're never on that one little item that I overlooked...
  I did hang out there and met Frank Badalson and Scott Harms, and tried to stay out of their way as they studied the car.
  Looking through my video, I found that the chin spoiler had the small head bolts, and a washered one on the driver side. Not good reference pics of them though.
AEE4A1F3-B255-4678-A658-F96D97CF15AE.jpegBFA5AE83-6BFA-4A88-9A0A-EC95858F7F48.jpegAFD5D941-663C-4184-A703-19D82D50D53B.jpeg   

Impkidd

Quote from: birdsandbees on May 11, 2023, 04:18:10 PMIf anyone crawls under my car that far... they're going the rest of the way out the back !  :coolgleamA:

Hehe. Yes, Birdsandbees, I know what you mean on  shipping them out the back if they are that fussy. But my car is already apart to the bare shell, and I want to put it back together with the right parts the first time. So, in another 25 years or more,,, it will be authentic as possible.
  I would have liked to found a solid car that may needed a slick paint job, or mechanical refurbish, but nothing came up that suited me at the time. But, I'm blessed to been able to capture the 'bird I have now.

Mopar John

Rob,
 I have to agree with Gary that things have really dried up on this site as of late!
Especially when it comes to original details so you may have to dig for old posts on what you need.
In looking at the pictures of this low miles Superbird that right front nose spoiler bolt
looks like it was replaced recently and does not match the rest that look original and rusty.
I would have thought that who ever got the car prepped for the show would have
found an original bolt that matches the others?
That car had a lot of original details but also had items that were redone over the years.
MJ