News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 6 pack questions

Started by 70 sublime, May 04, 2023, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

As I move forward with trying to get the last parts together to get this running I have a few questions as the car is almost ready to sit back down on its own wheels again

Never had a 6 pack before so I have noticed I need a few things that are not 4 barrel related

I need to find the special mounting plate for the coil to bolt down to
Is the frame work that bolts to the intake that holds the gas pedal cable different than a 4 barrel part ?
Is the gas pedal cable longer ?
Did a 6 barrel distributor have a longer wire that goes to the coil that is farther away or was there a joiner in it ?

Grrr lots of little things I still need to get and when I thought I was so close
Ordered the rad hoses the other day from napa and they had to get them in the next day
They ended up with a lower that is for the water pump coming out the right side and not the left and who knows what the top hose was for as it was not even close

It is a waiting game at this point and a crap shoot to get the right part the first try .....

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

Think I have it sorted out
Took the 69 Charger for 150 mile round trip today and got most of the parts I was missing

b5blue

Have you an idle solenoid?

70 sublime