News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger tire/wheel bearing question regarding a sqeak/squeal noise

Started by UH60L, May 24, 2023, 06:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

So...I converted my car from 4 way manual drum brakes to manual front disc and rear drum brakes back in 2005.  Then I drove the car around quite a bit between 2005 and 2007 as a daily driver.  Then the car sat in the body shop for most of 2008.  Then it sat in the garage until 2016 when I finally got it running again.  Put new wheels and tires on in 2016 (American Racing Vectors with white letter BF Goodrich Radial T/A).

Then the rear end exploded in late summer 2017 and it sat until about 3 weeks ago.  So now it's fixed and running and I'm driving it around, on wheel bearings that got installed and greased in 2005 and wheels/tires that were new in 2016, and anything above 20 mph if I even slightly turn the steering wheel, I get a squeak, squeak, squeak, squeeeeel, all the way around the corner (either direction).

So my question is, is it the wheel bearings/grease, the low mileage but 7 year old tires, perhaps the wheel center caps (they all seem loose...) or something I haven't thought of?

My first thought is wheel bearings, but I just wanted to run it by you guys first.  There's a lot of knowledge on this site.

Thanks,

Clint

b5blue