News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shaved drip rails

Started by Nickscharger, May 20, 2023, 11:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickscharger

Hey guys, looking for pictures and some info on cars you have shaved the drip rails on. In the process of doing mine now and just wanna know the steps you took and also what you did for the weather stripping and the trim that holds it in. Thanks!

70 sublime

I saw a car a couple weeks ago that the guy is working on and has shaved the drip rail moldings
I did not like the look at all
It makes the pillar along the edge of the front windshield look really wide with all that missing and no extra chrome trim
Be sure you really want it to look like that before you do it
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Nickscharger

I found quite a few people on here that did it, and it looks really good. I messaged a few of them to see how they did it but the posts were really old so I'm not sure if they'll see it. I already shaved them off but I don't know if I need to extend the metal out to reach the trim that holds the weather stripping or what I need to do

Kern Dog

Every Charger that had this done looks like shit. It looks like a guy that you knew for years that suddenly shaved his mustache. You always knew he had one but maybe didn't think about it. Now that it is gone, it looks blank, incomplete and too plain.