News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust tips at an angle

Started by Dino, June 04, 2023, 12:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I have been getting my TTI exhaust in place using the L brackets on the pipes. Now that everything is lined up I want to cut the brackets off, and then cut the pipe short, so I can use the stainless tips I bought separately. My originals didn't have such an extreme angle though. The tip will hit the bottom of my valance if I install them like this. How are they supposed to be?

20230604_130439.jpg
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Apparently the bracket should be a 90 degree angle. Dammit it's not like these things are cheap!!
Trying to bend these without damaging anything will be fun. I'm not sure how to do it. I would secure the piece that is perpendicular to the tip in the vise, heat up the bend, and hammertime! But I don't have enough clearance in the vise to do so. Any ideas?

Dino

Ignore. I'm sending them back. I'm tired of getting stuff that's wrong.

Dino

Update. PG Classics took the tips back, and sent a new set. They just arrived. They also have the bracket at an angle greater than 90. Am I missing something here?? They should be at 90 degrees or they don't fit. Why do they make them like this?? It even shows the correct angle on their website. So frustrating...

20230624_160524.jpg

HeavyFuel

Did you get this sorted out?

I originally had TTI tips, didn't really like them so switched to Accurate.  Super happy with those.

Dino

Yes, the PG tips were faulty. They told me their entire stock was like that and they removed them from all stores. I found a set on Ebay that was perfect.
I still have not received my refund from PG.