News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone used Mopar high pressure spring with 63HV oil pump?

Started by b5blue, June 07, 2023, 12:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm setting up my 440 for future use and ordered a high pressure spring to install in my Melling HV63 pump. It's a fairly HP stockish flat tappet 440 .060 overbore.  :scratchchin:

metallicareload99

I bought a Melling high pressure pump and when I went to rob the high pressure spring to put in my high volume pump, it looked exactly the same as what was already in there :shruggy: Do you have a picture comparing them?
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

b5blue

My HV63 pump never had what I'd say was high pressure?  :scratchchin:

John_Kunkel

You have to understand the relationship of volume and pressure. If there is no resistance to flow there will be no pressure...if the engine internal clearances are loose there is less resistance to flow and the pressure will be less.

b5blue

Yea I get all that John. 10 per 1,000RPM is the target minimum. I'm gonna compare springs side by side. I considered 440 Source's adjustable adapter but I've lost to much money lately for a 50.00 maybe.
   I also know too much pressure is no good.  :scratchchin:

John_Kunkel

FWIW, in the ones I've seen, the HP spring is either painted black or natural while the standard pressure spring is painted red.

b5blue

The P4286571 spring came today. It sits 1 spiral longer than the one that was in my HV63 pump. (Possibly just age difference?) Otherwise same Mopar vs Melling.  :scratchchin: