News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plug wire routing at distributor

Started by Dino, June 18, 2023, 06:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I have an Edelbrock Pro Flo 4, which came with its own distributor, on a 440. I looked at several pictures on how to route the plug wires and they are all a bit different. I have the MSD 8.5 Super Conductor wires that you cut yourself,  so I have plenty material to work with. I'm using the 90 degree boots. The one in place marks the #1 wire. How would you run them from the distributor cap to have the least chance of interference?

20230618_190341.jpg
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

metallicareload99

The way I ran mine: I have cylinder 1 where you currently have cylinder 3, and my distributor is rotated a little more clockwise.

The least amount of wires crossed over and maximum clearance for advancing and retarding  :shruggy:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

b5blue

Normal #1 points to ALT. but order is more critical.

Dino

I'd like to leave the distributor where it is, but I'll adjust it if needed. I think the stock plug wire brackets would help routing the wires away from the manifolds, but I'm guessing they won't work out of the box with 8.5 mm wires.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

b5blue

Yea I had to pitch all of them, too tight!  :scratchchin: