News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Glove box bulb. LED possible?

Started by Dino, June 25, 2023, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I'm finishing up the electrical in the car today and noticed the glove box LED bulb didn't light up. I tested the bulb on the battery and it works. I then checked voltage at the switch and realized the center pole is actually ground and the sleeve is positive. Did not know that. Are there any LEDs available like this or do I need to use a stock bulb? Any other configurations like this on the interior of a 2nd gen? If I recall I could not get an LED to work at the shifter selector, but it's been a while. What are these types of bulbs called?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

I found the answer. Non polarity bulbs work. Unfortunately the bulb and socket are too short to reach the glove box lens, so not a ton of light shining into the box.  ::)

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Dino

Thanks! I bought some others to try and they do work, but the bulb itself is so far from the glove box lens, barely any light comes in. It doesn't look like these are much longer. How much light are you getting into the glove box?

Plumcrazy

Plenty of light, more than the original bulb.

These are rated at 100 lumens.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

HeavyFuel

It's years between openings of my glove box...no light required!   :lol:

The few little things I need go in the center console.

Nacho-RT74

I will change to led bulbs all around on my car when ALL are available like this:

84E3AF21-C66F-4502-8DE5-18A1FF01E5BB.jpeg

It seems by now, the smallest ones aren't available yet

Of course, everyone on warm white.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html