News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can’t decide which carburetor I need

Started by marshallfry01, July 05, 2023, 11:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm near Tampa. The Holley kit fit my Proform fine.  :2thumbs:

HeavyFuel

Engine Masters did an episode comparing 650, 750, 850 and 950 carbs.

One thing interesting was that the fuel burn efficiency (think mpg) became worst as the carbs got bigger.

From what I gathered, the bottom line was if you have a smaller CU engine, and it makes less than like a 450 hp, 650 is the way to go.

Dino

I always wanted to try a Holley Street Demon as I ran a TQ and wanted to emulate it, without the tuning hassle. I ended up with EFI on the Charger, but when I bought a 76 Gran Torino last year I bolted one on, and it has exceeded my expectations. It's a fantastic carb. Give it a shot.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Back N Black

Quote from: Dino on March 23, 2024, 08:11:59 PMI always wanted to try a Holley Street Demon as I ran a TQ and wanted to emulate it, without the tuning hassle. I ended up with EFI on the Charger, but when I bought a 76 Gran Torino last year I bolted one on, and it has exceeded my expectations. It's a fantastic carb. Give it a shot.

Any pics of the 76 Grand Torino? I had one back in the 80's, had a 351 engine. It was red with black buckets, red piping on the seats. Really cool car.