News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Foods that you tried ONCE but never again

Started by Kern Dog, June 27, 2024, 01:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Maybe you lost a bet. Maybe you were on Fear Factor.....
What food have you tried that you will NEVER try again?

I tried Kimchi....some Korean cabbage in hot sauce. No fucking thanks, man....I'll pass.
Abalone. Maybe if it were cooked better it might have left me with a better impression.
Turkey bacon. The wife had some from a diet she was on. It was like salty fabric.

01 face 1.jpg

I grew up with parents that smoked. Everything had too much salt on it.
Cranberry sauce was the exception. I tried it once. No thanks...
Dad went through a hard time in the early 80s...had trouble finding work. We ate some unusual meals when we were short on cash. "Tuna Helper" ??? AS kids, we didn't know and they weren't about to explain to kids that we were broke.
What about you?

Old Moparz

I also tried that Kimchi stuff & thought it was nasty. Tastes like sauerkraut that went bad. My wife went vegan a few years ago for several reasons, including trying to improve her health. She has gotten very creative & a lot of it is very good, especially some of the Indian foods.

For me, I am really not a picky eater & will try anything. A couple of things I've tried & will not eat it again are kimchi & liver. I'd have included tofu but if it's used within a recipe & sautéed with some other things it's okay & basically blends in. It's a good source of protein.

If I want a piece of steak, veal or a burger I'll have to eat at a restaurant.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparguy01

Being from the frozen tundra of North Dakota, I have had the unfortunate task of trying things such as Lutefisk on more than one occasion to appease my grandfather. He kept saying this was the best he ever had, and I would try a bite.my professional opinion, there is no good lutefisk. It's just fish flavored jello.

Pickled hearing, tried live squid once. Don't recommend that one either. Kimchi is kind of gross.

When I was a kid and he didn't have money, it was fried spam sandwiches on a good day. Now it's kind of a comfort food for me. Still isn't very good. Lol

b5blue

Kern Dog

Hummus is a strange one.
I used to hate guacamole but have started to like it. I love spicy food but not stuff that is hot without flavor.
Fish. I just can't get past the smell. Many that eat it will say that fresh fish has no smell but to ME it does. My nose is more sensitive than average I guess.