News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Progress on the '73 SE ::: Update Sept 22nd - Misc Progress

Started by 73ChargerSE, July 26, 2008, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

Been driving the car quite a bit lately.  Got the new front tires and wheels on.  Also gave it a bath today.  I think the car looks awesome.  Next step is to make it look pretty, starting with patching the quarters  :2thumbs:  Here's some pictures.

Paul

73ChargerSE

Been quite busy with school and work lately.  I have made some progress on the car.  I primered the top finally, a lot better than the bare metal and surface rust it used to be.  Also, put the emblems on the car and a '71 front bumper and grilles.  I think it adds a bit more to the car.  Ended up running over a curb that I did not see and it peeled a piece of the K-frame up, however I'm working on getting that fixed.  I got a new K-frame from a junkyard, was lucky to find a BB frame. Included are pictures of the new one getting the welds beefed up.  It's currently getting powder coated.  Next step is a front end rebuild when I've got money.  Also at the powder coat shop are the brackets and everything for my CalTracs that is getting put on the car.  Slowly but surely...

Paul

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

73ChargerSE

Hey everyone,

Been quite a while. Unfortunately life gets in the way of all progress sometimes. Was driving the car somewhat regularly, but was always bothered by a ticking lifter. Car also needed a new gas tank and center section. I let the car sit, and realized it's been 12 years  :o

A few months back, I decided to tackle the lifters, and found some chewed up rockers from losing preload on the lifters. Replaced the shafts, rockers and hold downs as well as the lifters. This past week, I finally got around to installing the Sure Grip center section in the rear end. Next up is the gas tank, sending unit and get the car timed and running.

Sure is a tough pill to swallow to have to pretty much redo everything that was done years ago, but onward and upward

orange383