News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gonna sell the Charger I think

Started by HANDM, August 31, 2023, 07:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HANDM

I listed my Charger on fleabay and got a respectable high bid of 43,100 and I'm considering this as the sale price.
I've had the high bidder contact me outside (found me due to my business being public) of ebay asking to sell it outside of it. I'm planning on calling him tomorrow to talk about it.
I'd rather sell it without any imperial entanglements (if you catch my meaning)
Maybe I should relist it and hope for a better high bid?
Thoughts?
Here's the link for it
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266371725076?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051.m43.l1123&mkcid=26&ch=osgood&euid=c22b1fc2116845f3980e2bf82aedb4d3&bu=44145552103&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20230830054023&segname=11051

Kern Dog

HANDM

Yeah, I know, I've had it for close to thirty years and it's barely been driven the last twenty.
It's time to let it go to someone who will love it like I used to.
The final straw was that last winter, mice got in and soaked the headliner in piss and shit which resulted it tearing the interior out along with the heater box to replace it. I just can't stand the thought of it happening again.
Simply put, I'm over it
Same deal with the Challenger except no mice trouble and it too will be sold soon

Mopar Nut

Post some pictures of both, what year is your Challenger?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi-hampton

70 sublime

If you can stand all the emails I would just list it at $50 K on facebook market place and craiglist in your area like on a Thursday or Friday and deal with it over the weekend
Anyone that is going to buy it is going to have the money
If no one offers the $50 K but does make an offer you can sit and wait to see what the best offer is

I had a 69 Charger very similar to yours
383 car with a different 383 in it
Body ho hum
Same for the interior
I was not driving it like I used to either
Had it for 7 years
I listed mine for $50K at 7:00 in the morning and by 9:30 there was a guy knocking at my door asking if I had a Charger to sell with out ever asking for directions and he lived almost 2 hours away
He bought my car for full price without even hearing it run
I had a Daytona wing on mine and some more parts to do a conversion but not all of them and got an extra $8 K for the parts
Sold my car a month ago

I do have a 70 Charger project that I have made some good progress on since the 69 left has helped eased the missing car feeling

Just be sure you are ready and never look back

Get it sold sooner than later if you are worried about the mice thing happening again because now it is Sept and Oct will not be long after that
I feel Nov is getting close to the Christmas thing and not many car sales will happen then for the good money

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

HANDM

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 31, 2023, 11:40:33 PMPost some pictures of both, what year is your Challenger?

Charger pics are in the ebay link
Challenger is a 1970

Dino

I've seen them in similar condition go for much much more. Charger prices are through the roof.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: HANDM on September 01, 2023, 10:46:23 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 31, 2023, 11:40:33 PMPost some pictures of both, what year is your Challenger?

Challenger is a 1970

I did find your Challenger in offer up website, it's a beautiful Challenger. You might want to list it on For E Bodies only.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

HANDM

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 01, 2023, 04:40:31 PM

Challenger is a 1970

I did find your Challenger in offer up website, it's a beautiful Challenger. You might want to list it on For E Bodies only.

LOL! Not mine, I haven't listed it and believe me, it's not beautiful, ratty is a term that comes to mind.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: HANDM on September 01, 2023, 08:54:55 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 01, 2023, 04:40:31 PM

Challenger is a 1970

LOL! Not mine, I haven't listed it and believe me, it's not beautiful, ratty is a term that comes to mind.

This isn't yours, same city, and state. Looks like your Charger. You posted the link.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/c8bd84dc-1288-3ca4-8c2d-33eed7e1ceb5?q=69+charger

IMG_5664.jpeg
IMG_5667.jpegIMG_5668.jpeg   

HANDM

:smilielol:  Totally forgot that I posted them on offer up too!
Thanks for reminding me  :lol:

70 sublime

Quote from: HANDM on September 02, 2023, 12:11:30 PM:smilielol:  Totally forgot that I posted them on offer up too!
Thanks for reminding me  :lol:

Guess that means you did not get very many replies from that ad
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

HANDM

Found a buyer for the Charger. He's coming down from vancouver tomorrow to pick it up. Gonna be sad to see it go but it's time.

Mopar Nut

You should stick your Challenger on FEBO.

HANDM

Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 25, 2023, 02:44:37 AMYou should stick your Challenger on FEBO.

I will when the time comes, I can only deal with so much heartache at once!  :eek2:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: HANDM on November 25, 2023, 12:04:23 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 25, 2023, 02:44:37 AMYou should stick your Challenger on FEBO.

I will when the time comes, I can only deal with so much heartache at once!  :eek2:

:iagree:

HANDM

SOLD! New owner couldn't be happier.  :cheers:

Kern Dog

Good for him and for your sake, good for YOU.
It does bother me to see an enthusiast lose their passion and barely drive their classics. A guy I know was the original owner of a '71 Road Runner and he sold it a few years back....I had him figured as a "lifer" but the last couple years of ownership, he logged less than 100 miles each year.

HANDM

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 25, 2023, 07:20:07 PMGod for him and for your sake, good for YOU.
It does bother me to see an enthusiast lose their passion and barely drive their classics. A guy I know was the original owner of a '71 Road Runner and he sold it a few years back....I had him figured as a "lifer" but the last couple years of ownership, he logged less than 100 miles each year.

That's just it, I still loved the car but I never drove it and the mice getting in was the final nail so to speak. Now having just the Challenger left, I may rediscover my passion for it and get it rolling next spring but as we all know, tomorrow is never guaranteed.

71charger_fan

I get it. After getting badly screwed by an unscrupulous body shop while I was overseas and then spending a small fortune to have an actual talented paint and body guy undo the previous work and redo everything correctly, I have been going back and forth as to whether to sell it, and all my parts, and just get out. I've gotten a couple of good years from it now but I almost never use it. I'll think about it over the winter. It might just have an unauthorized for sale sign on the Carlisle show field next summer.