News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let's talk Chargers, it is so dead here

Started by 6pkrtse, February 21, 2024, 07:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Quote from: 6pkrtse on March 26, 2024, 02:36:38 PMI still keep having picture issues. I just never try to post pictures anymore.

It takes a few weird steps but at least you can repost the same picture without having to rename it. The size limitations make it so I can't post pictures directly from a phone due to their size being too big.

timmycharger

Working on other hobby projects is fun but I finally have some work lined up on my Charger! I just received my driver's side bucket seat track/bracket from Classic Industries.  Since I finished the resto, the seat track has been messed up, it only holds on one side unless you get down there with a screwdriver due to the spring being shot and one of the bearings not rolling as it should.

Ill take some pics when I install that because I plan on playing around with washers under the fronts of the tracks to gain some more reclining action.

I also got my seals for my Strange S60 that has been slowly leaking for 2 years.

Actual work on my Charger about to be done!

Todd Wilson

I need to try and get my 71 out this year. My life has been a  POS for about 9 years and the last 4yrs been rough due to a ugly divorce. I am broke and been working a lot. My fire for hobbies has went out. My Mopars and old antique radio hobbys are just sitting. I get up go to work come home and sit on my ass til bedtime and repeat. Every once in a while I may do something involving a hobby. Sadly I am turning into that guy with the stuff sitting outside sinking into the ground gonna restore it someday.............but wont sell.

Todd

Penthouse Pauper

It's been quite some time since I've been reading this forum regularly, largely because I've been distracted with an overwhelming number of smaller projects. Very sad to see it's not so active right now. This place is the library of Alexandria for Charger info, much prefer it to facebook.

Poor charger is buried under a pile of parts but it's in a dry heated garage. Project was kinda stalling out, I had a long list of "while the engine is out" tasks that I was struggling to tackle. A few months back I said screw this, if I don't keep making progress it's never going anywhere so I dropped the motorhome 440 in. Planning to make an ambitious push to get it on the road this summer. PenthhP011899.JPG

b5blue

Kern Dog

TV shows like Roadkill and Roadkill Garage have shown us that these cars can still be cool to own even if they are ratty looking. They look like nothing made today. They sound and perform differently too. We can throw stuff together and enjoy them without beautiful paint and gleaming chrome.

Penthouse Pauper

My thoughts exactly. I'm building this car on a shoestring budget. It's a plane jane triple green, 2 barrel 383 that was almost rusted in half when I got it four years ago. It's structurally sound now and sporting a 4 speed. Still need to do the quarters but i'll do them once it can yard drive. It'll be a lot easier to stay motivated if it's a drivable car. Should be on the road for under 20k all in.

armor64

that is what i love about this hobby. all the work, and at the end you have "a thing!" something you can use forever, or sell if you need to, *shudders*. plus, the work on the car is enjoyable too. slightly related, i got into target shooting/firearms years ago, and going to the range with family was great at first, but slightly costly for ammo. Then i got into reloading as well to save money, and enjoy that WAY too much as well, spending hours cleaning/prepping for the next range day is cathartic.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Penthouse Pauper on April 03, 2024, 08:47:47 AMMy thoughts exactly. I'm building this car on a shoestring budget. It's a plane jane triple green, 2 barrel 383 that was almost rusted in half when I got it four years ago. It's structurally sound now and sporting a 4 speed. Still need to do the quarters but i'll do them once it can yard drive. It'll be a lot easier to stay motivated if it's a drivable car. Should be on the road for under 20k all in.
I just now read your screen name her and remembered where I heard it before....Aerosmith song, Love in an elevator!