News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Charger EV / Hurricane V6 just posted

Started by 1970Moparmann, March 05, 2024, 01:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Not a fan.... I will be one of the last to commit to a EV.   Will be surprising how poorly sales will be.  Is it part of the plan?   
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Kern Dog

No.
Electric car? Screw that. I really don't care how fast it is. My truck is V8 and isn't fast but I can hear the exhaust and feel the vibrations from it.
Faking an exhaust system is just wrong.
The gasoline engine is not a V6, it is an inline six.

TheAutoArchaeologist

There is a 2-door Charger, a 4-door.

There is three level of EVs and two levels of GAS Twin Turbo Inline Six Hurricane engine.  A 425 hp and a 550hp model.  They are working on a 1000hp model, but that's not official.

armor64

certainly interesting to see where this all goes, and keeping the door open for, hopefully, lower cost gas cars will keep option available for more people. I'm not 100% sold on full EV's myself, guessing Hybrid style may be in the future more than the battery nightmares of fullEV

70 sublime

I would like to see one in person and get to take it for a spin
We have an EV in the driveway now sitting beside my 2021 Ram

EV is just different and if you can get on board with that then you are good
It has a learning curve that is for sure

I do not own a 68 hemi 4 speed Charger so doubt I would be in the price range to ever want to buy the fancy version of the EV Charger either
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Nacho-RT74

What is worst? The 4 doors Chagnum or a 2 doors EV Charger?

Just reminding back on the days when the 4 doors Chagnum was released and same kind of critics were made LOL.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Kern Dog

The glaring difference? The government didn't force/strongarm the automakers into abandoning a highly popular and profitable model only to build something the public didn't want and then MANDATE we buy it or walk.

b5blue

Old Moparz

It's not a bad looking car. Too bad the Hemi is gone because I am sure a lot of people would be all over this one.  :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

JB400

I think it's a smart move to go both ev and ice, in addition to both coupe and sedan form. It'll allow Stellantis, and the rest of the automakers to really guage the actual interest in ev's in general.

GreatOne34

Sorry, looks like a current generation Camaro to me. No thanks

Mike DC

IMO it's probably the best modern 2nd-gen we can hope for in terms of styling. 

The govt regulations would not allow anything that really looks like an old muscle car to be built today.  And even if they did, a lot of modern buyers wouldn't want it.  Big crash testing problems, too much wind noise & aero drag, poor side visibility, poor interior room for its size, etc. 

Engine wise?  This restyle is coming way too late.  This is the body they should have been putting Hellcat/Demon motors into years ago. 

The electric drivetrain . . .  I dunno.  On the one hand, the target guys who want a Dodge Charger are the types who won't want electrics on principle.  On the other hand, that's the image that Chrysler would want to change.  Baby boomers have been way over-represented in the new car market for decades but that era is coming to an end.  Most people buy their last new car long before they actually die.    The car industry has to start catering to Gen-Xs and Millennials. 

Drache

Don't get me wrong, some of the fastest cars I've had the pleasure of testing out were electric, and I mean need a neckbrace kind of acceleration/speed. But like others have said, you cannot beat the physical rumble of a V8... let alone a big block V8. But I hate to say it, Old Muscle cars will slowly be coming to an end. Many kids now want a "ricer" or a new car with all the electronic gadgets. My generation is the last except for a few lucky kids who have the eye for classics. I see it more and more at car shows and action movies like Fast & The Furious just play into that trend.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire