News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Industries Seat Tracks, 1968 Charger

Started by timmycharger, April 22, 2024, 09:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

I finally got around to installing the driver's side seat tracks I bought from Classic Industries. Total price was $356.09 shipped to my door.  For years I have been driving around with a damaged seat track as my original right side bracket lost the roller bearing and had the wrong hardware and springs installed.

Not a surprise but these aftermarket brackets are not very good. They are painted poorly and the paint was chipping on a few areas already just sitting in the box.  I put some pics below of the comparison from the original bracket and as you can see there are subtle differences but overall they look pretty close.

They were not as tight feeling as my originals and did not come with a stud on one side like factory. The holes for the springs were not in the correct spots as you can see below. I had to drill a hole for the long spring to sit properly.  I ended up only using the right bracket since my left side was still perfect, I just used the springs and hardware that came with the aftermarket set.

Once adjusted, they work like factory and I am happy with that, I probably could have just gotten a used right side bracket and fixed mine but good examples of those are getting harder to find.

Lastly, I wanted to get a bit more of a recline from my factory seat so I put a couple of washers under the front studs where it meets the floor and I really like how it is now, I feel much more comfortable than previously and it was dirt cheap.

timmycharger

more pics