News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Retrosound Redondo radio

Started by Dino, April 26, 2024, 05:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I know some of you have this radio. When connected to your phone via Bluetooth, is there a way to skip tracks or do you need to do that on your phone?

Does someone use the old school overlays? What does it look like when the radio is on?Screenshot_20240426_184800_Chrome.jpg
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

armor64

i think its the far right thumb wheel on mine, up and down for back and next.

Dino

Sweet! Someone else told me it's s function as well so I ordered it. Do you have the overlays?

armor64

not yet, i was hoping the one i ordered came with one but no luck, so i left it "stock" for now, but plan to get one when i can find it cheap enough in canada. every shipper from the states wants 30$ for a 15$ lens of plastic.

Dino

Oh gotcha. Yeah that's a bit steep.

marshallfry01

I know you've already ordered it but I'd seriously consider sending it back. The fitment and sound quality reviews on those are quite shitty. Get your original thumb wheel radio converted to AM/FM/BT. That way it'll look 100% factory and sound much better. If you don't already have an original thumb wheel radio, a really nice core can be had for $100 or less.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Dino

I saw the sound quality reviews but running it through a big amp with good speakers should make it work well. If not, I will definitely send it back. I have the stock AM radio in the dash now.

will

I got those overlays with the radio. They fell off so I just said f it and run without it. I'm not looking for a trophy.