News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trickflow 240 heads and harland sharp valve tip alignment

Started by moparguy01, May 14, 2024, 09:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparguy01

I am putting together a 512 with trickflow 240 heads. The valve tip alignment is off. Since i already have the harland sharp rockers, id hate to have to buy another set to address this. Is there any other way? Ive heard about B3 racing making offset shims, but is that the best option? I added a couple pictures of what i am talking about.

The cam is fairly agressive, .588/.606 solid flat tappet, so im thinking it not contacting in the center of the valve stem wont last very long.

Not sure how many of you fellas still check here, but what the heck!

Thanks!Screenshot_20240513_174824_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20240513_174811_Instagram.jpg 

John_Kunkel

As the valve is opened, the roller will swipe towards the rocker arm shaft. Check the roller contact position at full valve lift.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

moparguy01

marshallfry01

I would try to contact a member on here named "Challenger340." He would probably have an answer for you. Some of his builds have had TF heads.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

metallicareload99

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 15, 2024, 11:49:16 AMAs the valve is opened, the roller will swipe towards the rocker arm shaft. Check the roller contact position at full valve lift.

:iagree:

Quote from: marshallfry01 on May 16, 2024, 11:58:15 PMI would try to contact a member on here named "Challenger340." He would probably have an answer for you. Some of his builds have had TF heads.

:iagree: though I hope this conversation doesn't go behind closed doors.

I'm using the shorter S70015KE arms on my Trick Flow 240s. They do center better on the valve than the regular S70015K.

Some of them broke and I ended up replacing them with the longer regular Harland Sharps. Yeah, I have 14 short rockers and two longer ones. It seems to really only effect the roller position on the valve  :shruggy:

1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth