News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whot's got the best way to clean MP black wrinkle valve covers?

Started by bluesfool, May 30, 2006, 12:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesfool

Mine are about 4 years old now and while they are still in great shape, I can't get them close to looking like new again. Does anybody have a "secret formula" they use? Please don't tell me oven cleaner; that just gets 'em clean, but doesn't make 'em shine.

TylerCharger69

On mine.....Of course I power wash the engine, and then I use some of that "Tire Black" on my valve covers, hoses, wire looms etc......shines them up, and as far as the hoses are concerned...it helps to keep them soft and not get brittle.   The only downfall is, this stuff causes dust to adhere a lot easier so  you need to wash and dress more frequently.   I wash my car...engine and all....once a week, so I don't ever get dust build up.   But that stuff....or any other brand of tire dressing  (NOT Armorall products!!!)  Is great to use and shines them up.  It works on interior applications too,  keeping the vinyl soft..but I wouldn't recommend using it on leather!!

Paul G

I clean mine with Simple Green. Actually I clean almost everything with it. To get them to shine I like the 303 Aerospace Protectant. It shines without looking oily or goo covered.

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=428&CFID=2290416&CFTOKEN=1716496
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

OttawaCharger

If you're having a hard time getting the nice dark lustre back into them, pick up a bottle of Mother's "Back to Black".  I use it once a year on my motorcycle to make everything like new again then just regular cleaning for the rest of the season.
That stuff works wonders.  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Smoke20

Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto