News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man, this is awesome... 'Cuda spinning ** Burpin replied! **

Started by CB, August 15, 2005, 02:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

this is one of the coolest burn out vids I've seen so far.

http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/SmokeyBurnouts/BurnoutPage4/Cuda.htm

edit: link doesn't work with 'Firefox' browser.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

bull

SuBLimE 69

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

BB1

Awh that's just our boy Burpin over at C-C.com.... an East Texas cowboy that is.
Delete my profile

TheGhost

Yup.  One of the most proffessional burnout vids I have ever seen. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

41husk

Yep! it looks cool but at the price of tires I really don't get it?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Quote from: 41husk on August 15, 2005, 08:13:52 AM

If you don't get it we can't explain it to you.

Wakko

Good vid.  Anyone know what size wheels those are?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

CB

also any idea what engine/mufflers the guy's running?
My god, what a sound  :drool5: :drool5:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on August 15, 2005, 08:28:36 AM
Quote from: 41husk on August 15, 2005, 08:13:52 AM

If you don't get it we can't explain it to you.
:haha:

Boy, Burpin's video is sure getting around these days. :lol:
Purdy cool.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger4404spd

LahTera

Woo hoo!  Looks good, but SOUNDS GREAT!!!

Hubby won't let me do that with my Charger unless we put old, useless rubber on it.  But then, we seem to be collecting a lot of that lately -- LOL!

LahTera

Captain Mopar

OMG that was great!
As far as burning up the tires goes, they're not mine, so it's just fine!!

Captain Mopar

golden73

That was sweet.

I am curious as to whats under the hood

4cruzin

I'll send burpin a note and ask him too stop in and give ya'll some details!! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

ChargerHound69

CB

Quote from: 4cruzin on August 15, 2005, 09:52:05 PM
I'll send burpin a note and ask him too stop in and give ya'll some details!! 

please do that!!
thanks
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have seen that a while back.  Really great camera angles.........needs to loose the hand painted on "'Cuda" though IMHO
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Burpin Chunks

Howdy yall at DC.com. This is Burpin for all of those who dont know Burpin. Burpin was asked to pop in to answer a few questions. Since more was really interested in the exhaust set-up Burpin was running Burpin will start there.

Exhaust
3 inch exhaust with true 3 inch flowmasters 40 series. Burpin says true 3 inch flow masters because the new 40 series flowmasters are not 3 inch. they are 2.5 or maybe 2 cant remember which. And they gave it a stupid name to it as well. Now the most iimportant part of having a sick sounding machine is to get a great eco chamber. No not no fart can or a loser bell chamber. Burpin is talking about Dumps. Burpin has dumbs just after the mufflers in front of the rear axle. That causes a nice eco chamber from the exhaust to the ground back up to the bottom of the car and back to the ground and back to the car, oh yeah yall get the idea. Now it does help to have a killer cam but even without the killer cam it would still have the low pitch that rumbles everything when you drive by. Burpin gets a lot of complaints from the neighbors because even at an idle it will shake their house a bit. Now Burpin knows what ye are thinking and yes it is illegal. But hey this is Texas and the Texas Police force love muscle. That is also why Burpin can have limo tint and other nice goodies. Burpin is still getting the thumbs up from the peace officers. (there is a dike looking city police here that burpin worries about)

Tires and Rims
American Torq Thrust II
Rim 17X8 on front with 4.5 back spacing
Tire Front p255/45r17 Dunlop 9000
Rim 18X10 in back with 4.5 back spacing
Tire p285/50r18 Dunlop 9000

Now the tricky part. If you look closely you will notice that the rear quarter fenders have been cut out. The original owner did this back in the 70’s to allow slicks to fit on the rear. I guess it was cheaper then tubbing it out. Burpin almost didn’t get the car because of this. Then reality set in and Burpin realized the potential of having this done. Burpin has always felt that the Cuda had wide fat hips. And when Burpin looked just at the rear quarter it gave it a nice slinder looking arse and hips. Now many of you are not big rim guys and neither is burpin. Burpin feels everything has to be in perspective. And even non large rim guys will have to admit, it looks good. So to make this story short, Burpin is able to fit the larger meat in the back because of the quarters being cut out. Makes it have it own unique look. You should never mistake burpins cuda for another.

Motor

Built up nicely. Burpin didn’t do the motor, it was already done. But we figure it is running 11:1 or 12:1 compression. It has a huge race cam. A high-rise intake manifold and you know. Nice.

Now for the guy that dont like the painted on Cuda. That is a decal that is on the car.   ::) And Burpin loves it. THE END

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Burpin Chunks

Thank you

Here is a pic of Burpins next project if Burpin dont sell it first.

383 Auto

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Burpin Chunks on August 16, 2005, 10:16:36 AM
Burpin is still getting the thumbs up from the peace officers. (there is a dike looking city police here that burpin worries about)
HAAHAHAHAA!! :haha:

Welcome to DC.com, Burpin! :wave:

You know, I bet years from now people will still be stumbling on that video & starting threads like "hey, check out this killer burnout!" :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

IBsmokin

is it just me or does burping talk in the third person?    :P
no serious though burping IBsmoking is really like your ride, you have to make a thread on your restore project with play by play details and pics of your progress here.   I will be looking forward to that one!!!
:popcrn:

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 16, 2005, 11:02:16 AM
No third person, he's 2 people.
:iagree: Except when he ventures into a Chebby forum, then there's a 3rd person...misunderstood Burpin. :lol:

BB1

Just sell that old Charger to me Burp, were Budd's right?

cudahob = ex-Texan remember.  ;D ;D :yesnod: :callme:
Delete my profile

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: Burpin Chunks on August 16, 2005, 10:16:36 AM
(there is a dike looking city police here that burpin worries about)

LMFAO !  Thx for stopping in Burpin... I like the big wheels !  I've taken alot of  :icon_smile_blackeye: for mine but I know what you mean....something about them just looks tuff.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Burpin Chunks

Burpin and Burpins buddy was drooling over your charger earlier. Burpins buddy so wants a mopar but cant afford it. So he had a 66 chevelle. He said he likes the sublim green so much he is going to paint his chubby that color.

And thanks for the sympathy over the chevy forum, them guys are not mopar guys for sure. They are homers.

MTPOCKET

Thanks for the link. :METAL:
Man I can smell the tire smoking.

hotrod98

Hey burpin...do you know bob from becker?      :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

4cruzin

Glad to see Burpin made it over to answer some of your questions . . . and yes he always talks in the 3rd person!   ;D   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Burpin Chunks

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 16, 2005, 10:32:42 PM
Hey burpin...do you know bob from becker?      :icon_smile_big:

Does he live in Burpins neck of the woods. Burpin would sure like to see that green cuda. Burpin was thinking of doing the gill job on Burpins 72. It really brings out the car.

Wakko

I think if Wakko reads the word "Burpin" one more time Wakko is going to throw up.   :D
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Burpin Chunks

Quote from: Wakko on August 17, 2005, 12:16:20 AM
I think if Wakko reads the word "Burpin" one more time Wakko is going to throw up.     :D

Not that it makes a difference but, Burpin chunks wasnt Burpins first choice in name. Burpin originally wanted "Liquid Farts" but that name was taken. Besides it worked out better for burpin. If it was the other name burpin would have to say liquid this and liquid that and that would be just stupid. Most people that think burpin is a bit crued change the name to Burpie.  :icon_smile_approve:

hotrod98

Burpin,
The green car is my wife's 73. We recessed the side marker lamps, recessed and painted the bumpers, painted the grille to match, installed gills (Tony's Parts has the pieces for sale) and installed a 5.9 liter fuel injected motor and A518 o/d tranny with the cruise setup. Runs like a bat out of hell and gets 25+ mpg. She took first place at Branson last weekend in her class. I only took second. My 71 is a 340, pistol grip, shaker, leather interior car.

By the way, I love your car. Is your tail panel a 70 or 71 style? Couldn't tell in the video.

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Thanks Burpin,
I watched the video again and the smoke cleared for about a second and I could make out the round taillights. Showed the video to my wife. She loves your car and she's very hard to please. She loves driving her 73 around and plans to take it to a show that's about 80 miles away...without me no less. She's hooked on getting those trophies now, I've created a monster.
Later,
hotrod98

Charles Addams