News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear defroster switch hidden by delete plate?

Started by bull, May 22, 2006, 07:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I was at a car show and saw a '68 with a defroster switch and all the defroster hardware in back but the switch to the right of the steering column was recessed and hidden by a delete plate? The owner only had it for the past month so I'm wondering if maybe the previous owner may have replaced the gauge bezel with one that was made for a rear defroster delete car? Any ideas? I didn't take the time to look for the code but I wouldn't have known what to look for anyway.

Just 6T9 CHGR

You either got the plate or the switch in 68.   I doubt that it was recessed behind the HTF delete plate.

Probably had a different cluster in the car with the plate & no switch
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

JimShine

Behind the delete plate is the chromed square outline around the switch hole. I believe it shows through the switch plate when installed.

8WHEELER

Bull
This is what a 68 dash looks like without the defrost delete plate in it, and there was only the
one stock location for it, if it was somewhere else on the dash it was not stock.

One picture has the switch but no plate.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Dan, his dash looked like the bottom bezel you have pictured above but the delete plate fit over the top of the switch. Didn't the bezels in the Chargers with RW defrosters have the switch lebeled like the rest of the switches?

Nacho-RT74

just asking... isn't on 2nd gens the rr deffog switch the same or shared function switch than convertibles B bodies just installing reversed and located on A/C controls section ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

8WHEELER

The 68 Charger was in the dash face plate like in that bottom picture. There is a small face plate that goes
around the switch, it does say defrost ON OFF, in 69 it did move up to near the heater switch's.

I have one of those plates that goes around that switch, but I don't have a picture of it. Its very thin going around
the switch, I have seen new repo ones on ebay but not lately.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

RAWPWR

8wheeler do you want to sell the plate?? I lost mine some years ago.
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

RAWPWR

here is a so-so picture of a 68 dash with one
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota