News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 rear bumper fit?

Started by lexxman, February 06, 2010, 10:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Hi,all. I'm currently installing my rear valance,valance corners and bumper mounts. I mounted the rear bumper it check the fit with the quarter panels and the other parts.And I discovered that the quarters needed to come in some more,great I have to drill out the welds I already did.
So the problem is I don't know how far should the bumper be away from the quarter panel? I've check picture on-line ,but it's not always easy to see,and the only other charger that I can go and see,I'm not if it's the best.

BlueSS454

Tom Rightler

lexxman

Well yes and no.It does,but the one thing I need to know is how far out does the bumper come from the car on the side?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: lexxman on February 06, 2010, 07:32:10 PM
Well yes and no.It does,but the one thing I need to know is how far out does the bumper come from the car on the side?

I'll grab a few pictures of mine if I can....the back of my car is pretty buried in boxes.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Sorry, I just went out and check my Charger and there is a pair of seats sitting up against that portion of the quarter & bumper.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

b5blue

Like this?

lexxman

Ya,that it.Because the ass end of my car was so screwed up,it's hard to know up from down.This give my a good idea where it should be.
It looks like the inside edge of the bumper should be equal with the quarter panel.I plan to do some more work on that area today.

b5blue

lexxman

Just wanted to say thanks,I got the hole thing fixed up this afternoon.It looks pretty good,I'm going to take some picture tonight  and post one or two up. :2thumbs:

b5blue

lexxman

Trying to put pic's up,but it's not playing nice.

lexxman

Valance and corners just clamped in I'll weld them this weekend. :icon_smile_big:

lexxman

And 2-3

b5blue

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

lexxman

Thanks,It's nice to finally see it looking the way it should. :yesnod: