News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B-5 blue paint

Started by 70daytonaclone, May 26, 2006, 04:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70daytonaclone

Hi all I have been painting my engine bay what the paint shop calls green shaded b-5 blue and it doesn't match a fender sample I have on this old 70 fender marker light location. the old fender paint is much bluer but not Petty blue and seems to have smaller metalic in it. the man at the paint shop said that there was a different b-5 blue in 71 that was a red shaded blue. what gives? I want this to look just like the 1970 sample i have on this old fender. thanks for your time reading this post Stephen

70daytonaclone

what a brain dead web site

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 70daytonaclone on May 27, 2006, 09:55:19 AM
what a brain dead web site

Hmmmm  that will help you get a lot of replies.

Use the search feature.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Blown70

hemihead

Because YOU can't figure out a paint problem that makes us brain dead? That is really intelligent.  ???
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69 OUR/TEA

69 OUR/TEA

If I only knew somebody doing a B5 car.............I think if you mix equal portions of B3 and B7 ,it must come out to B5!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on May 27, 2006, 12:14:00 PM
If I only knew somebody doing a B5 car.............

Tee hee
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Drop Top

Too bad your guy mixing your paint isn't smarter. I have the PPG code for B-5. I even have the mix on an old can of paint from when I painted my B-5 Super Bee. But my brain dead head just can't remember where its at. Of course my Production code book is sitting right next to me. But my brain dead hands just can't seam to open it. Be a little more patient next time. Nobody pays us to sit here waiting for brain dead people like you to come on here and demand answers.

RT/SE

To B5 or not to B5, that is the question -- what is the answer?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

B5 Charger

I know sombody who might also be doing a B5 Charger but I can't remember who :scratchchin:  Of course I could go through all my books and look for the answer but then again there are the paint codes right here hmmm what to do what to do. . . . :moon:

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

JimsSE

O.K everyone, give the guy a break.  He's just a little excited is all.  I think got your answer, Stephen.  It's Ditzler code 2514 for the F8 color. Oh crap, your looking for B5.  Oops..sorry buddy, can't help you out with that one...  I got the answer for F8 all day long but B5, man I wish I could answer that but...

Unrestored '73 Charger SE   

'79 Magnum GT
http://www.geocities.com/jimsmopars2003/

miamivice

Quote from: JimsSE on June 02, 2006, 10:40:48 PM
It's Ditzler code 2514 for the F8 color.

thanks!  i needed that for my RT/SE.  this site is great!  people are so knowledgeable.

hemi-hampton

Heres your answer, 71 B5 blue is a much Lighter Blue then the 70 b5 Blue. If he's talking reder or greener then he's talking variations on the same paint code. Some of these newer car colors will have 14 different variations on the same paint code. Back in 70 maybe only 1or2 variations if any. Also cant go by your fender color, Fender could be repainted & if not most likely faded from years of exsposer. Best you could do is rub all that oxidation off fender to try to get best color match possible. Have the Painter do color spray outs & tint as necessary to get the right color. If that dont work get the Picture Taken. This Picture Machine will anylize your paint & come up with a Formula that is suppose to match although I have not had much luck with it. Also, I've mixed up the same color using 3 different paint products, PPG,SIKKENS & MATRIX & gotten 3 different colors but all were the same code. If I charge 3 hours to paint egine compartment I might have to charge another 3 for tinting. Hope this helps? LEON.