News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Took some body parts to the media blasters today. . .

Started by B5 Charger, May 24, 2006, 12:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5 Charger

I took my hood, trunk lid, trunk hinges, trunk springs and passenger fender to Eagle Auto Stripping in Kansas City today.  They should be done in about a week.  $250.00 to plastic media blast and then glass bead everything.  Below is a link to their website.  I'll post some pics when I get the parts back.  As soon as I get the metal work done on my D/S fender and my doors disassembled I will be taking them down too.

http://www.eagleautostripping.com/

Blown70

:o  For about $175 in ND i think you get the whole car done.....

Tom

BB1

Don't forget to bring your car to the Mopar show in KC June 10th and 11th.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

B5 Charger

Well I would bring my car but it is completely stripped down to a shell so it will be a few years.   :'(  I hope to have it in the body shop by the end of December but I've got a lot of metal work to do and a whirly jig that I have to buy before then.  Maybe next year.  I will be down there with my father-in-law swapping some parts.  Just look for the space with an old guy missing his left arm from the elbow down and a pi$$ed off looking dude.  I'm not really pi$$ed off all the time but everybody says I always look that way.  :shruggy: Feel free to stop by and say hi other than Todd Wilson I really don't know anybody from the site.  Just try not to let my daughter talk you into buying too many parts.  She is quite a salesman.  ;D

runningman

Lowest quote I got up here in the Detroit area to blast an entire vehicle was $1000.............

bill440rt

Quote from: Blown70 on May 24, 2006, 12:33:53 PM
:o  For about $175 in ND i think you get the whole car done.....

Tom

$175???    :o :o :eek: :scared:
That's a super bargain, I think it would cost that much in sand alone. I paid about $800 for the whole car. It was gutted, with just the suspension bolted in place. He also did the header panel, various brackets & other large peices for me.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Blown70

I am not kidding. with the doors off and hood, fenders off.  With them maybe $250.  I think they do a wheel for $7.  They do separate parts too.  Like a hood maybe $15-20.

I guess one good thing about living in ND....

Tom

BigBlockSam

my guy here in nj, costs about the same as this shop. and all he's doing is sandblasting. you got a good price. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

B5 Charger

Just to clarify they are blasting with media (plastic chips) to strip the paint and filler.  Then they redo the whole part with glass bead to remove the rust.  I thought the price was great.  I think somebody would have to be insane to do all that work for $175.00 no offense.

hemi-hampton

Runningman, I got price quotes in Detroit for $600 on whole cars, whered you go? LEON.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: B5 Charger on May 24, 2006, 02:02:13 PM
Well I would bring my car but it is completely stripped down to a shell so it will be a few years.   :'(  I hope to have it in the body shop by the end of December but I've got a lot of metal work to do and a whirly jig that I have to buy before then.  Maybe next year.  I will be down there with my father-in-law swapping some parts.  Just look for the space with an old guy missing his left arm from the elbow down and a pi$$ed off looking dude.  I'm not really pi$$ed off all the time but everybody says I always look that way.  :shruggy: Feel free to stop by and say hi other than Todd Wilson I really don't know anybody from the site.  Just try not to let my daughter talk you into buying too many parts.  She is quite a salesman.  ;D

Check out their swap area! They always have a nice selection of stuff. They have lots of little dumbnut items you dont think about.

I usually get some little dumbnut item that you dont think about until you need it. Piece of chrome trim, antenna  and that sort of thing.  See you in El dorado.

Todd

runningman

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 11, 2006, 01:37:01 AM
Runningman, I got price quotes in Detroit for $600 on whole cars, whered you go? LEON.

I went to strip-it.  That was for the entire vehicle, underside and all

Blown70

Quote from: B5 Charger on May 28, 2006, 11:46:06 AM
Just to clarify they are blasting with media (plastic chips) to strip the paint and filler.  Then they redo the whole part with glass bead to remove the rust.  I thought the price was great.  I think somebody would have to be insane to do all that work for $175.00 no offense.

No offense to me, Like I said something good about living in this forsaken f$%* area.  OHHH did I say that.....

hemi-hampton

Runningman , Try Ace Stripping at 9 1/2 mile rd. & Dequindre or Rays Radiator Clinic at 10 mile rd. & Dequindre. Should be around $600 area. If you need a Paint job or Resto Let me Know, I do that here in Detroit. If so e-mail me at hemihampton@wowway.com  Thanks, Leon. ::) :yesnod:

runningman

B5 Charger

Thanks for the endorsement Todd.  We didn't do very good at the HPAC show.  Oddly enough we sold more parts at Eldorado last year!  I didn't expect that.  Met a couple more guys at the HPAC show so you aren't the only person we know anymore.  Didn't get a whole lot of time to talk to Moparhound and RD but at least we recognize each other now.