News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good price for restoring back seats?

Started by Rack, July 09, 2006, 12:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rack

Hello, I recently got an estimate from Legendary Auto Interiors of $600 to restore my rear seat frames, and installing a somewhat customized seat cover (standard '68 charger seat cover, black but with red pleats).

Is that a good price? I would probably have someone do it locally, but I wouldn't trust the work to last. I saw someone here post a pic of black rear seats with red pleats but I can't remember who it was. Would be nice to know what kind of $$$ he paid for that job.

2Gunz

I had my Seats (Front buckets and rear bench) redone.

All new material, some welding of a broken frame and new padding.

It is also somewhat custom as its the 69 pattern copied from the back seat (non pleated)
and put onto a set of 71 seats, so it looks like a 69.

It cost me about $1200 and the job is AMAZING.... the seats are perrrrfect.

Thats about $400 more than I wanted to pay.
But when I went to the guys shop and saw the custom work he was doing
on this Ferrari and Pickup he had in......  He had me hooked.

So if your looking for work to be done in the Southern California,  Burbank/ Glendale area I have the place.

Anyway the words "seat cover" scare me. And $600 seems alot for some slip over thing.

The guy at the shop showed me a "seat cover" that he was going to take out of another car he was working on.
And well it sucked. Didnt fit correctly, and the seams where not drum tight.

I have limited experiance with seats and stuff. And maybe somebody makes excellent seat covers.
All I know was I was going to order the covers from year one, and am so glad I found a shop to do it.

Rack

Thanks for the reply, 2gunz.

I don't have any front seats so I only need the rears restored/redone. I'm gonna just put "custom" seats in the front.

My rears have the original seat covers on them (and they're in surprisingly solid shape), but the frames need to be blasted and painted (I can do that), and they need new cushions and covers (what else do they call them if not covers?). Plus, on the new covers I want the pleats done in red, and I might want the stitching in red too (haven't decided that one yet).

If I do the frames myself it'll be $90 less. That's about all the work I can do on my own, or that I'd trust myself to do anyway.

Still not sure if the $600 (actuall $510) estimate would be a good price though. I guess about $510 + the $400 for my front seats (rough estimate) wouldn't be too bad. Not sure how good of a job legendary auto interiors does though.

Rack

I searched all over these forums looking for the pic of those rear seats I had found some time back (at least I think it was here).

Turned out I had it saved on my computer...

Anyone know who this belongs to? That's pretty much what I'm looking for, only maybe a tad bit brighter red, but not much brighter.