News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UPDATE on my Charger 8/22/05 NOW WITH PICS!!!!!!!!!

Started by TruckDriver, August 20, 2005, 07:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recharger

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:  Congrats DC Guy!  Now it's time for the real fun.  Good luck with it!

TruckDriver

Quote from: Steve P. on August 22, 2005, 09:32:19 PM
Hell,,,, That's going to be a cruiser in no time.....

Under $3000 total,,,,,,   you did great!! :laugh:

Yup, $1,500 for the car, and $1,200 to have it delivered.   Total, $2,700.. Even the people who delivered it said it is a steal what I paid for the car. I should say too, when I opened the drivers door, it opens like a new car door yet. No sag, no creeks, closes solid with little effort too. And as can be expected, the interiour is so dry rotted, I could actually break the viynl off the seats like a potato chip :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

TruckDriver

PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

911bear

:punkrocka: :2thumbs: great ride !!!! but keep that dang spider away from west virginia! :yesnod:  :icon_smile_shock:
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Rocky

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 22, 2005, 10:16:35 PM
My GOD MAN THAT'S a Freakin HUGE SPIDER!!!!     :o

http://www.camelspiders.net/large-camel-spider.jpg

congrats man just kiddin..

That's two spiders, they like to fight.  When I was in Iraq we used to bet on them for shi!s and giggles.
One of my friends was bit on his foot, got blood poisioning, and had to spend a few days in the hospital. Really nasty.  The movie Arachniphobia has nothing on these spiders.  They are mean, fast and jump like you wouldn't believe.

MoparYoungGun

Congrats DCG :cheers: , I'm glad to hear it finally arrived!

4402tuff4u

DCG, doesn't feel good getting your car delivered?!! Just like Christmas morning when you were a kid and ready to dive into the gifts! Nice Charger and Congratulations. A couple of new tires, a little elbow grease and you'll be cruising the boulevard!

For one second, did you think Foose had stolen your car for another episode of "Overhaulin"?
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Silver R/T

congratulations, nice project, did you remember to tell driver to unload that porsche at my place???
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

Congrats Man!
That looks like a great project car...should be an easy resto, body wise!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Doc74

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Congrats man, I know it's been a long wait but I'm sure you don't care about that anymore now she's home  ;D

ChgrSteve67

Got that Charger rebuilt yet?

You have had it for 20 hours what's the hold up?

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Wakko

Very cool!!  Air pressure looks low on the left front tire...
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

TruckDriver

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on August 23, 2005, 11:28:46 AM
For one second, did you think Foose had stolen your car for another episode of "Overhaulin"?

I wish he would long as he...

didn't shave the door handles/locks
didn't put wheels on it bigger then 15"
leaves the interiour stock unless he would put a 4 or 5spd in and cover the interiour in black leather.
and no 2 tone paint job (not on a Charger, yuk)

But you know I'd end up with a Hemi anyway :icon_smile_big:

So if you guys will pay the Overhauling bill for me, have at it :D

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

PETE

cudaken

I am still thinking about the spider, dam!

How long will the Charger be keept in storage? Also what is needed to get the cyrrent power train up and moving again?

Cuda Ken
I am back

TruckDriver

Quote from: cudaken on August 24, 2005, 11:01:30 AM
How long will the Charger be keept in storage? Also what is needed to get the cyrrent power train up and moving again?

It will be in and out of storage as I work on it. And during snow season of course.

To get it running...

A carb.
fan belts
gas tank needs to be cleaned out
misc. vacum lines
replace the lifters cause he said the were clicking when he had it running last before he started the 4bbl swap.
and some of the carb linkage & a battery.

There are no brakes either yet.

My friend went through the engine leaving the block in the car. I guess the main bearings had no scoring on them, so he left them. and he didn't replace the rings either. But everything else he redid. He said from the way the inside of the engine looked, he believes the car only has 66,000 original miles on it. Or the engine was babied for 166,000.

PETE

Johnny SixPack

Congrats, man! :2thumbs:

Looks like a super nice and solid Charger. :cheers:

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

CB

looking good.
Always a thrill when it arrives. I had that feeling a couple of times before.
Never got used to it  ;D
Congrats!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img