News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rack's stupid questions thread...

Started by Rack, June 17, 2006, 05:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rack

Ok had to resize a lot of pics but here they are...

Rack

Rack

Rack

Rack

Rack

Rack

Rack

Rack

Rack

Rack

Rack

That's all I've got except for some closeups of the wheels.

dodge freak

I seen worst looking cars half as old up here in Michigan, looks like its been painted many times. You have a solid car that needs alot of work. Looks like the frame is ok, Q P not so, but that can be fix. Now if you had the title. Have you called him and ask about it? I don't want to upset you, but with no title how do you know he's the owner? Hopefully hes just mislaid it but I would be very worry that it could be hot. I would get right on his back for it, call him up and ask him. If he won't talk to you keep calling, this title thing should be your #1 thing to get.

mikepmcs

Rack
By the way, what's your first name?
Anyways, that's a nice car and looks real solid.  I think you got a good one myself, don't know what you paid for it but it looks real decent.
Thanks for putting all the pics up, like I said now we can refer to the pics, when you ask some questions about stuff, if we need to cause they will always be on this thread.
You'll do just fine on the resto, I've been reading this thread and you seem to have a great head on your shoulders(not trying to sound condescending) just the posts sound very lucid and well thought out.  So i'm guessing you are meticulous...
Keep em coming, we're here for you.
I got a Black Widow story for you!  Nope, forget it, I deleted it from my memory...  Geesh I hate those things.  Make sure she didn't crawl back in the same spot you found her!
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Rack

Quote from: dodge freak on June 22, 2006, 05:33:42 PM
I seen worst looking cars half as old up here in Michigan, looks like its been painted many times. You have a solid car that needs alot of work. Looks like the frame is ok, Q P not so, but that can be fix. Now if you had the title. Have you called him and ask about it? I don't want to upset you, but with no title how do you know he's the owner? Hopefully hes just mislaid it but I would be very worry that it could be hot. I would get right on his back for it, call him up and ask him. If he won't talk to you keep calling, this title thing should be your #1 thing to get.

The guy from Auction Insurance Agency got the seller on the phone today. Long story short I should have my (or A) title by next week.

*fingers crossed*

QuoteBy the way, what's your first name?

Bob... Bobby. My friends call me Rack or Uncle Bob.

QuoteSo i'm guessing you are meticulous.

Yeah it's funny... my gf gets upset cuz she can't get me to do anything, but once I get my sights set on something I have to do it perfect. I'm talking about big things obviously.

When it comes to things like this, I have to do it perfect. I'll take hours doing something that shouldn't take nearly that long just cuz I have to get it right.

My dad always said, "If you're gonna do something, do it right." I guess that's one of the few things that actually got through. lol

QuoteMake sure she didn't crawl back in the same spot you found her!

I was just out powerwashing the car (getting all the junk out of the interior, mainly). I planned on washing under the fenders, quarter panels, etc... to get any unwanted poisonous critters out of there, but it started to rain.

12 days straight of temperatures above 100 degrees (including today) and all the sudden it decides to rain while I'm out powerwashing the car. Had all the trime pieces and stuff on the ground too. Had to haul ass and get all that stuff inside. Just my luck! lol

Quotelike the frame is ok, Q P not so, but that can be fix.

Quarter Panels, right?

Yeah I'm starting to wonder how much is metal, and how much is bondo. Hopefully I don't have to replace both panels (or any of them), but I'm sure I'll have to get a body  man to do some cutting, welding, etc...

I'd do it myself, but I don't think that's something I want to try the first time out.

If anyone wants a close up pic of anything specific, let me know and I'll get it done.

dodge freak

You got it, it did look like alot of bondo on it, I have seen lots of them, it hopeless, it needs new metal-how much can't tell , if the wheel wall lips are ok you might not have to change the panel just cut the bottom out and weld some new metal down there. Have you took a magnet to it? Thats a good way to find out how much metal you have.

Thats great news about the title, at least he did give the B S that oh it was in there don't know what happen to it. Sounds like you get it, if you don't hes lying the mail only takes a few days.

Rack

A magnet, that's a good idea. I just tapped it lightly with my pocket knife. The noise changed about 7-8 inches up. A magnet would be more accurate though, I'll try that tomorrow. Got plenty of refridgerator magnets to try out. :D

About the title... the guy that sold it on ebay wasn't the owner of the car, he's his brother-in-law (his sis picked a winner didn't she?).

He told the guy from AIA that if the previous owner didn't go get a new title that he'd get a power of attorney (something like that) and he'd get the title himself.

I'll call the guy from AIA tomorrow and ask him to tell the seller that I'll remove the neg feedback if he refunds me 1K (and send the title, of course).

Maybe that'll get the guy to pressure his Brother-in-Law to pay me back some money. If not, oh well I'll get past it and move ahead. I need to get started!

terrible one

Rack,

Thanks for posting those pictures! Looks like a good project. I wish you good luck with what is under the bondo!

Sledge57

Good luck and hopefully you get the title.

I know it looks rough but after seeing those pics of the floor pans etc it looks like a  nice solid car to start with and that's more than half the battle IMHO.

I didn't see but do you mind saying what you gave for it?
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid

Rack

I paid $9,500 for it. The seller claimed the engine was a 440, but it turns out it's a 383. Nothing I can do about it either unless I want to spend even more money taking the seller to court.

mikepmcs

Bob
I think you did great for an XS car, that's just me.  I'd be feelin pretty good about it! :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

terrible one

I agree with Mike. I think that's a good price, and the car really does look pretty solid.

Rack

Here's something interesting...

I was just out looking over my car, and I noticed something I hadn't noticed before (something that should of stuck out).

That's the lower part of my right fender. Is the chrysler symbol normally suppose to be there? I guess I didn't notice it before cuz it was covered in primer with the rest of the car.

Ghoste

Yup.  Passenger fender, lower section, just aft of the wheel opening.

Rack

Wow. It only took me a little over two weeks to notice it.  :rotz: