News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine Planning help

Started by Rack, June 20, 2006, 03:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

That could've been catastrophic....To add to these tips....a nice, level surface helps too!!   Don't do it on a slope.....but I imagine you already know that!!!   At least I hope you do.....lol

dodge freak

It was a flat garage floor, had the car since it was new. Change the oil a bunch of times before that-it has 150,000 miles on it. First time it happen to any car I had in there for 16 years. Not sure what happen but yeah I don't think I would gotten out. Seems like every year some guy gets killed working on his car around here. When you are under it be careful when loosing a nut, sometimes you pull so hard the car moves, most of time its those light weight ricers that do that.

Rack

Quote from: dodge freak on June 22, 2006, 12:58:18 PM
If you lift only the back up make sure the front wheels are block on both sides. I had a 2000 Buick up last year from the front- its front wheel drive- and was doing the brakes. Was next to it , nobody else around and it started to roll back by it self, in 2 seconds it was down and my floor jack was sideways. Nothing got damage, but I used to change the oil with just the floor jack. No more, its jack stands and wheel blockers. Still get shook up thinking about it, and I am numb behind the wheel on the road.

Hell I got shook up just reading it.

Yeah I put a couple of blocks of mesquite under the front wheels, but after reading your post I'm gonna go get me a set of blocks designed just for that purpose.

QuoteTo add to these tips....a nice, level surface helps too!!   Don't do it on a slope.....but I imagine you already know that!!!   At least I hope you do.....lol

Yeah I got that one figured out. lol

I'm not completely comfortable with the surface it's on right now though. As you can see in some of those pics (I think you can see) it's not cement all the way across. It's just two lanes with grass/dirt between them. Even the two lanes aren't a great surface. It's that cement mixed with pebbles deal (not sure what to call it). Still kind of a slick surface. Hopefully I'll get the engine out of it soon and lighten the load a bit.

TylerCharger69

After you're done...We can use that Mesquite for a big BBQ!!!!

Rack

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on June 22, 2006, 03:17:24 PM
After you're done...We can use that Mesquite for a big BBQ!!!!

I plan on it!

Nothing like fajita that tastes like tire rubber.  :rotz:

Rack

Ok I have a better idea of what I'm looking to build now.

440 Engine
Looking to get between 425-450 HP
3.73 gears

As far as my differential, what do you (anyone) recommend? I was thinking a Dana 44? Still a little fuzzy as far as the rear end goes.

What mods would I have to do to the engine to get 425-450 HP?

What about the transmission?

I'm really starting to understand the engine aspect (not completely yet though, obviously), but the transmission and rear end are a bit unclear. You guys have been a big help and I'm sorry to be such a pain in the a$$ with all the questions. Bare with me though and I'll get the hand of it.