News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window Regulators

Started by TylerCharger69, July 26, 2006, 08:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Purple70R/T  was  extremely generous as to trade my electric power window regulators for a set of manual handcrank regulators that he had.  A big thank you!!!    Question is....does anybody have a decent picture as to how these things should bolt in or is it pretty self explanatory?  And....why would I trade electric  for manual?.......I want to get rid of ALL unnecessary electrical devices in this car.   Just more headaches.    Thanks all....And thank you Purple70R/T  for the parts.   Excellent pieces I might add!!!

Ghoste

Will this work?

TylerCharger69

I believe so.   So...this shows the regulators in the doors then....You don't happen to have a diagram of the rear window regulators do ya???   I'm replacing all four

Ghoste

Yep, just got home so give me a couple of minutes to get it scanned and cut to size.

TylerCharger69

No problem!!   I really appreciate it.    I'm sure it's a no-brainer....but I just want to make sure

Ghoste

Here is the rear glass.

Ghoste

Here are the front adjustment points.

Ghoste

And here are the rear adjustment points.

Ghoste

None of that is real clear but it's hard to scan that thick book and make it legible.  If you have any trouble deciphering it, let me know and I'll see what I can do to improve it (if anything).

TylerCharger69

No....you did a great job Ghoste......That's exactly what I needed.    I'll just save it to my desktop and enlarge it on Paint Shop Pro.

runningman

I was thinking of doing just the opposite with mine.  I took all the switches apart and cleaned/fixed anything that needed to be done.  Were you having problems with your power windows??  matt

TylerCharger69

well...I had problems with the relay itself....but my goal is to eliminate all unnecessary electrical components in this car.   I've already done away with the stock gauges due to that voltage limiter or whatever it is that plugs in behind the dash cluster.    All mechanical now.   It's all just problems that will give me grief down the road.

runningman

What exactly is that power window relay used for?  I still need to find one for my car, I am an electrician and have some extra time and parts at work so I am able to take all the stuff apart and check it out.