News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how hard is it to change torsion bars in my driveway?

Started by andy74, June 19, 2006, 08:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

Ended up taking the whole dang K frame out, then using a hammer and pipe to pop them out of the frame mount.  Super easy.  Guess I'll order some .96 bars to replace 'em!

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

TylerCharger69

wow.....I've never had that much difficulty in getting those torsion bars out.   Everything comes apart in a pretty easy process....I guess maybe yours were rusted in place???

Wakko

We were taking the K frame out anyway.  Took the four bolts out, lowered the K frame a couple inches and smacked it gently with the sledge.  After the K frame popped off we used a regular hammer and a small pipe on the rears.  Came out a little harder, but not too tough.  Bettery than trying to grab the greasy bar or mess around with it.  I imagine they've never been out before.  One of the K frame bolts was a real PAIN.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

purple70rt

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 24, 2006, 10:56:25 PM
iut is Far easier to loosen the nut for th eLCA & pry both back togehter & just slide the LCA back into place

only way I do it, they usually come right out.