News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

glove box lock removal

Started by hemi68charger, June 16, 2006, 06:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Man, the service manual is no help..... How does one take out the lock cylinder on the dash glove box? I'm replacing the green interior with a burnt orange one and to exchange cylinder..... Again, the service manual's no help.....

Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

JimShine

Is this a 69-70 car? On my car the whole assembly is held in with two screws mounted in the rear of the door. Remove them and the whole mechanisim pops out.

hemi68charger

In '70, it's different than the '68/'69's........ unfortunately.... You have to slide the knob w/tumbler out of the cylinder from the front-side and then you can remove the latch assembly from the door.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Nacho-RT74

search on latch assembly and you will find a slot. press a tab inside the slot that is part of cilinder assembly like one more teeth for a while you insert the key. The key will keep the tab pressed, and that will give you all the tabs/tooth of cilinder pressed down to be able to release the cilinder assembly from latch.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Beer

I took my door to a locksmith, he charged me about $5-10 (I forget), but I had wasted hours trying to get it...
There is a thread I did on it, search and I show what he did to release that thread.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...