News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing a passenger side door mirror

Started by Highway by the Sea, January 19, 2008, 12:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highway by the Sea

I have bought an original passenger door mirror for my 73 Plymouth Satellite (identical to the 73-74 Charger ones) and I have the mount that goes inside the door, the mounting screws, and the gasket.  But since this car did not have a factory mirror, I have to make the mounting holes myself.  I do not know how to drill them in the correct spots, or how to do it without risking breaking the passenger side window.  Any suggestions?

1969chargerrtse

I may do it on my 69, and have done it on other cars.  I took off the driver mirror and measured the mounting hole positions compared to a certain common point like trim and went to the other side and just drilled straight down.  You should be able to see looking down or with he door panel off the location of the window.  Shouldn't be hard, just don't slip with the drill and scratch the paint.  keeper steady.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Nacho-RT74

:iagree: I did in same way

a trick... to keep safe the paint, use masking tape to drill over. In fact cover the area with masking tape and make the marks over the tape.That will make sure drill will keep in point and won't slide down.

Note, you need just to make the 4 small holes not the big one what really is just for control wires
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Highway by the Sea

i DID IT TONIGHT!!!   :2thumbs: I finally got the mirror mounted and it turned out to be perfect!  It was the worst kind of a tedious royal pain in the butt to do, but I no longer have that deadly blind spot when switching lanes on the interstate.  Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: SANS 74 CHARGER on February 15, 2008, 05:23:43 AM
i DID IT TONIGHT!!!   :2thumbs: I finally got the mirror mounted and it turned out to be perfect!  It was the worst kind of a tedious royal pain in the butt to do, but I no longer have that deadly blind spot when switching lanes on the interstate.  Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.  :cheers:
Glad to hear you got it done, but.  I just finished restoring my grille on my 69 charger. You want to talk about the worst most tedious royal pain in the butt kind of job?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Highway by the Sea

Did you do the restoration yourself?  And what was so tedious?  Perhaps the installation?  I would not want to have to do it! I would like to see pictures of it when it is done if any are available!