News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 Charger IS HOME from PAINT!!..>> UPDATE APR 3 (see p.3)

Started by PocketThunder, July 20, 2005, 10:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Thanks for all the mad props..

The car is an original PP1 car so that made the color choice easy. :yesnod:  Although i did think about Black also, but Red is  :thumbs:

I plan on a hard 3 months of reassembly, now all my friends want to come over, so with some help it should go together in time for the summer driving season.

I'll post more pics of it next weekend after i get it home and its put back together and the stripe is on..

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

How much touch up body work did the Maaco guys do, if any?

PocketThunder

Quote from: bull on January 30, 2006, 04:56:37 PM
How much touch up body work did the Maaco guys do, if any?

They did all the mud work.  I took it in after i finished the metal work.  They used mud on the fenders and the quarter panels to get the body lines nice and straight.  The doors were nice to start with. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

73rallye440magnum

looks great PT. Can't wait to see it on the road this summer!
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

4402tuff4u

Congratulations!! dayum that looks good! you beat me to having the car painted first. I'm gonna have to put some heat on my body guy. Very nice job and price too!!! :2thumbs: Now the best part comes to putting the pieces together with lots of luv. :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Silver R/T

I like trailer too, but its too far away from me to get one.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

Hello everybody.  Took some more pictures today after the cut and buff guy was finished.  It sure is looking mighty fine now!!!

Paul
in St. Paul

PocketThunder

:icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:

Bandit72

great looking charger, but why is it being pulled by a f*rd?  :icon_smile_dead: lol
later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

PocketThunder

Quote from: Bandit72 on February 07, 2006, 11:06:39 PM
great looking charger, but why is it being pulled by a f*rd?  :icon_smile_dead: lol
later  :icon_smile_cool:
The Ford belongs to the body shop, its their truck and trailer that its on for now.  You can see "Whitey" my '89 Ram in the distance on the right hand side of the Hood picture  :icon_smile_big:

4402tuff4u

Paul. I noticed you did'nt pull the master cylinder and they painted right over it???? That's going to be hard to strip! Charger looks awesome!!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

PocketThunder

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on February 08, 2006, 07:01:32 AM
Paul. I noticed you did'nt pull the master cylinder and they painted right over it???? That's going to be hard to strip! Charger looks awesome!!

I know.  I didnt make time to pull it off but I think its getting replaced anyways.. 

AirborneSilva

Man that thing looks sweet  :yesnod: I'll bet you're so excited you could hardly contain yourslef

Charger_Fan

Man that looks great, congrats!! :cheers:

You got the car from in-laws, right? They're gonna have skid marks on their chins when their jaws hit the ground this summer. :o  ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChgrSteve67

Couple of six packs and a few friends and you should have her put back together by Sunday.

Those overhaulin guys do it all the time.

Paint Job looks great!
I'm jealous!

oldschool_muscle

Your project is coming along great...I love the pics btw.
- Tim
1973 Charger

AirborneSilva

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on February 08, 2006, 05:08:16 PM
Couple of six packs and a few friends and you should have her put back together by Sunday.

I don't know, I'm thinking - beer + friends + awesome paint job + sharp object (tools) = bad news for paint job :scared:

PocketThunder

ITS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

Damn!!! the "Red Dragon" is gonna look HOT with these 17" ARE Hopsters!

694spdRT

Great to see it back home again! Now the ball is in your court and I hope you make the 3 month deadline. 

Looks like you could run the Burlington Northern line down from St. Paul to see me if you can't afford the tires for those Hopsters just yet.  ;D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on February 10, 2006, 11:23:11 PM
Great to see it back home again! Now the ball is in your court and I hope you make the 3 month deadline. 

Looks like you could run the Burlington Northern line down from St. Paul to see me if you can't afford the tires for those Hopsters just yet.  ;D

No kidding!!!  $150 each for the rear.  $100 each for the front in Goodyear RS-A's.   I could buy KUMHO in two different brands for $99 each but then the treads would be different and it would look stupid. 

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

oldschool_muscle

I love the rims but the paint jobs look amazing in the first picture.  :2thumbs:
- Tim
1973 Charger

Charger_Fan

Damn, I bet I could stuff 4 cars in that garage... :-\

Oh, nice lookin' Charger. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChgrSteve67

I've got the same rims on my 67 Charger.
They are great looking rims.

Your paint job is incrediable.