News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speed

Started by Charger1970, July 20, 2005, 10:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMPX2

The mopar test track here in Mich

Ghoste

I thought it might be.  That's why I asked. I was on it once back in the early 80's but they wouldn't let us make a full pass.

KMPX2

For the Chrysler Car club Convention?

Chargerguy74

Quote from: miller on July 22, 2005, 11:30:28 PM
Quote from: Chargerguy74 on July 22, 2005, 10:40:40 PM
a 73 should handle it, especially with a poly front end kit, sway bars, etc. I think Neil said he got his 73 383 auto up to 175 back in the day
is that a stock motor!!!, what rear gears would be in that thing? Cuz that would be flying.

Not sure if it was stock or not, you'd have to ask him, come to think of it I think he said it was his buddies car. Don't remember the gearing.

Also, when I said a 73 should handle it, I meant all 3rd gens in particular, very good aerodynamics.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Jon Smith

Got up to 135 in my 69, it was pulling like a train but a valve cover gasket blew out and I had to back off there was smoke pouring out of the wheelarches and coming into the car, it was everywhere

Ghoste

471_Magnum

I've run 130 since installing the 5 speed, and there was plenty left. That was in fifth (0.64 OD) with 3.55s at a rather relaxed 3600 rpm.

That gets pretty floaty as you might imagine, but it's definitely got legs. Lord only knows were the drag and horsepower curves would cross, but I'm sure it's upwards of 150.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

andy74

first thing i do on any car i have built is put in new suspension components,tie rods,ball joints,bushings etc,and always good brakes,and good tires-my kids ride in the car with me sometimes,and the last thing i want is a few hundred dollars causing me or them harm-worth every penny as far as im concerned!now i remember in the 80s driving on bald bias ply tires with shitty brakes,rusty floor pans and spending every dime on go fast stuff,lucky i made it past 30!

KMPX2

Quote from: Ghoste on July 23, 2005, 06:02:17 AM
Quote from: KMPX2 on July 23, 2005, 12:10:48 AM
For the Chrysler Car club Convention?

Yes.

I was one of the leaders of the club that started/hosted that show. I was able to set up a full speed run on the track with so of the Chrysler people

Ghoste

Well I know what happened to Jim Bielenda but whatever happened to Gary Rollins.
Remember the Texans in the Hemi Superbird making a full pass without permission and the old time Chrysler staff in attendance just stood there watching like they were transported back in time?  I have pictures of that car as it was coming off the track.  Nobody said a thing to them.