News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

We've never had a dog chew up anything in the house. And they've all enjoyed the luxury of living inside. If we go away for a couple of hours, they can stay inside otherwise they're put outside where they have comfortable beds on the back porch plus the freedom of roaming around the property as they please. The best of both worlds.
And although they like to hop up on the bed when no one's looking, they are discouraged from doing so. They can lay anywhere they please in the house except on the furniture. That's for the two alpha dogs (me and the mrs.) only.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

69rtse4spd

Quote from: mrsskip68 on September 20, 2013, 03:27:15 PM
My poor dog, "Bodie" developed a infection in his eye this week. Just took him to the vet and $145.00 later, we found out he had a scratch all the way across his cornea! Dont know how he got it. But hes on eye meds and back to wearing the stupid cone again. Poor baby! :(

Get a sign that says NSA on it, or a shirt. Hope he is getting well soon.

mrsskip68

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on September 23, 2013, 07:15:21 PM
Quote from: mrsskip68 on September 20, 2013, 03:27:15 PM
My poor dog, "Bodie" developed a infection in his eye this week. Just took him to the vet and $145.00 later, we found out he had a scratch all the way across his cornea! Dont know how he got it. But hes on eye meds and back to wearing the stupid cone again. Poor baby! :(

Get a sign that says NSA on it, or a shirt. Hope he is getting well soon.

:lol:

bakerhillpins

Well, it's been a rough couple of weeks as we had to let our oldest go last Sunday. Maya was a few weeks under 15 which is quite the feat for a larger dog like a Labrador. She became diabetic about 2.5yrs ago and lost her sight to cataracts during that time. Amazing how they persevere though. She was the start of our family as Kris and I picked her up a few weeks after we got our house and settled in. The kids don't know anything else. We adopted her mother Iris 2 years later and she left us about 3 yrs ago. We laid her to rest next to her mother and planted more Irises.

A wonderful companion and a member of the family she is and will always be missed.    :'(
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Fred

So sorry for your loss bakerhillpins. I speak from the heart when I say, I know what you're going through.

We're still missing our Rex but see him every morning on the computer screen. We've got a lovely spot under some really tall rhododendrons that we call "Sleepy Hollow" where all our precious pets are resting peacefully.

polywideblock

so sorry for your loss "georgie " was 16 when I had to let him go (cancer) it really sux    :yesnod:  just like loosing one of the kids

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

Sad to hear about your little friend. :pity:

bakerhillpins

96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

ODZKing

Sorry to hear Baker.
God speed Maya

Budnicks

Quote from: bakerhillpins on October 04, 2013, 04:58:26 PM
Well, it's been a rough couple of weeks as we had to let our oldest go last Sunday. Maya was a few weeks under 15 which is quite the feat for a larger dog like a Labrador. She became diabetic about 2.5yrs ago and lost her sight to cataracts during that time. Amazing how they persevere though. She was the start of our family as Kris and I picked her up a few weeks after we got our house and settled in. The kids don't know anything else. We adopted her mother Iris 2 years later and she left us about 3 yrs ago. We laid her to rest next to her mother and planted more Irises.

A wonderful companion and a member of the family she is and will always be missed.    :'(

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, of a great dog from what she sounded like.. As a big Lab lover myself, I know 1st hand how loyal, friendly playful & sometimes stubborn they can be... I have a 15+y/o Chocolate Lab "Lord Budnicks of U--", he's doing very well for his age still, my last Black Lab "Duke of U--" made it to just after his 14th B-day, my Yellow lab "King" before that, made it to just before his 14th B-day... 12 years is supposedly the average age I guess we were & are lucky, to have them so long... They are truly great animals, they loved all my kid, their friends & all the neighborhood children too, everyone played with them & my kids loved them & "I'm sure they were heart broken, when they were gone, especially the girls... I also think my old "Buddy" is keeping my elderly old Pops, who lives with me now for the last 6-7 years & my elderly Aunt & Uncle who live up the hill, who can't wait for him to come over to visit every other weekend... I believe he keeps them all much younger & active, he walks with him out to the mailbox or around the neighborhood, swimming at the lake etc.... It's funny he goes over & pushes him with his nose when he sees the Mail truck... I sware, sometimes I think he has a wrist watch sometimes, there are times he want things, like his walks or treats at specific times, like clock work, same time every day or night, he starts staring at you, wagging his tail & going back & forth to certain things, that is part of his regular daily life/routine, it's so damn cute... He has followed me everywhere we go 24-7, since he was 6 weeks old, he hasn't spent but a couple nights with out me... All my family know if I'm coming over, "Buddy's in tow" or I don't go... I feel for you, I don't know what it will be like not to have "Buddy" around & I dread the day he is actually gone & won't be there, when I get up in the morning or in the back seat of my truck everywhere I go, or begging for his goodies every-time he goes outside or goes potty... I think he helps keep me mellow, I know he's help Pops, they are such an intricate part of your life , if your a dog person, they are truly a member of my family.... You have my deepest heartfelt condolences, on the loss of Maya, may she RIP
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

bakerhillpins

Budnicks,

They are truly remarkable aren't they.  :yesnod: It's a 2 way street and I know that the love they get is only part of what they provide and I am certain that Buddy is an important element of your older generations happiness.

I recognize all of the traits you talk about. Many I didn't get to see on a daily basis but they were there. My wife said she sat in the dining room doorway every evening watching for the headlights to turn into the driveway when I got home. She would go over to the leashes hanging on the wall and nudge them to let us know it was time for walks and she was an amazing alarm clock on weekends. She would wait for you to yawn and then start licking you which == french kiss.  :eek2: :lol: I grew up with beagles who were also good companions but Maya was my first lab and we are with #3 right now. Waldina (Dina for short) named after my great aunt of all folks who loved her German Shepherds. The hardest part of having them is when they deteriorate. Maya was starting to have more bad days than good and as much as we wanted to keep her company we knew she was hurting and felt that it was time. Truly the most difficult decision to make and one that is never easy.

Thanks for your thoughts, Sharing with others who feel the same helps ease the sorrow.
Bryan
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

69rtse4spd

So sorry for your loss, my yellow lab Cassy was diabetic for 18 months near the end of a happy 14 years. Two shots a day, $, but worth every penny, part of the family. You know when it's time but it is still the hardest thing to do. Just had my Lab/mix R/Ts acl. fixed last Thursday. Big old brace, feel so sorry for him, but will be worth it. I think he is geeting spoiled though being inside on a big old pillow.     

Fred

This was our beautiful Rex.

mrsskip68

This is our new baby, "Bronco". He is only 5 weeks, but my vet needed a home for him. Hes a good eater, and feisty as heck. He sleeps through the night, and loves to practice his pouncing!

JB400

He's a cute kitty. Hope he has plenty of playthings/ mates

ODZKing

Quote from: mrsskip68 on October 07, 2013, 11:18:33 AM
This is our new baby, "Bronco". He is only 5 weeks, but my vet needed a home for him. Hes a good eater, and feisty as heck. He sleeps through the night, and loves to practice his pouncing!
How cuuuuuute!   :yesnod:

Budnicks

Quote from: bakerhillpins on October 06, 2013, 01:19:49 PM
Budnicks,

They are truly remarkable aren't they.  :yesnod: It's a 2 way street and I know that the love they get is only part of what they provide and I am certain that Buddy is an important element of your older generations happiness.

I recognize all of the traits you talk about. Many I didn't get to see on a daily basis but they were there. My wife said she sat in the dining room doorway every evening watching for the headlights to turn into the driveway when I got home. She would go over to the leashes hanging on the wall and nudge them to let us know it was time for walks and she was an amazing alarm clock on weekends. She would wait for you to yawn and then start licking you which == french kiss.  :eek2: :lol: I grew up with beagles who were also good companions but Maya was my first lab and we are with #3 right now. Waldina (Dina for short) named after my great aunt of all folks who loved her German Shepherds. The hardest part of having them is when they deteriorate. Maya was starting to have more bad days than good and as much as we wanted to keep her company we knew she was hurting and felt that it was time. Truly the most difficult decision to make and one that is never easy.

Thanks for your thoughts, Sharing with others who feel the same helps ease the sorrow.
Bryan
:2thumbs: your very welcome, RIP Maya & Long live Dina...LOL...

tan top

aww sorry to hear about your dog BakerHP

aww cute  kitty :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Budnicks

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on October 06, 2013, 07:34:16 PM
So sorry for your loss, my yellow lab Cassy was diabetic for 18 months near the end of a happy 14 years. Two shots a day, $, but worth every penny, part of the family. You know when it's time but it is still the hardest thing to do. Just had my Lab/mix R/Ts acl. fixed last Thursday. Big old brace, feel so sorry for him, but will be worth it. I think he is geeting spoiled though being inside on a big old pillow.     
Get well soon R/T, spoil the hell out of him...

Budnicks

Quote from: Fred on October 06, 2013, 07:54:34 PM
This was our beautiful Rex.
that's cool, he's a good boy... :2thumbs:  RIP Rex

Budnicks

that's really a cute little fur ball Bronco, we don't have any cats of our own, but have all the neighbors cats around allot, Tinker my next door neighbors tiger stripped cat/kitten {maybe a year old now}, comes over to visit Buddy{my lab} all the time, it's cute how they interact, he lays in between Buddy's legs & paws at him & Buddy mouths him & gets slobber all over him all the time, gives him a spikey hair doo... the up hill neighbors cat Felix, an older black & white comes over & come right in the house, if you leave the door open long enough, goes & sits on my ol' Pops when he's sleeping... I'm "that guy" in the neighborhood, that takes care of everyone's animals, dogs cats horses & birds, when someone goes on vacation or out of town...sorry no photos

69rtse4spd

Quote from: Budnicks on October 08, 2013, 05:32:21 PM
Quote from: 69rtse4spd on October 06, 2013, 07:34:16 PM
Get well soon R/T, spoil the hell out of him...

Oh I am, he loves every minute of it.

ODZKing

New members to the family.
Binx (black kitty) 8 weeks and Ranger 10 weeks.
Our 13 year old Oliver took to them quickly.  Minimal hissing and no incidents.
He is following them everywhere though.

polywideblock

who's eyes in the background  ?didn't they want to be on camera

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ODZKing

Quote from: polywideblock on November 02, 2013, 04:03:49 PM
who's eyes in the background  ?didn't they want to be on camera
Ha, yeah ... that would be Binx