News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The PET thread.

Started by Charger_Fan, July 20, 2005, 10:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Sorry to hear Dirk. Sucks to lose them.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JB400

Thanks for your sympathy Dino, but sorry to hear about loss of your friend :pity:  For such a small animal, they sure do leave a big hole in your life.

mrsskip68

So very sorry to hear of your loss.  :angel:

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Dino

Thanks folks, we all know how hard it is but it sure doesn't make it all that easier.   We're both medical professionals and while it allows us to make sense of what happened, it still made us feel numb and a bit dead inside.  We are paying extra attention to Charlie and he seems to be getting back to his routine now.  He's a pretty nervous cat so we need to watch him for a while until we can decide if we can get him a buddy.  Time will tell.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ws23rt

So Sorry to hear this. I went through this years ago with a pair of litter mates. Ten or so years in  with them one got an overwhelming cancer and had to be put down. I recall his brother sitting in one place in the driveway (after his friend was gone). He would sit there all day long looking for his buddy. One day he came back inside but was staggering. A trip to the vet showed he had leukemia. His gums and tongue were very pale. They said he was done and nothing could be done.
I recall sitting there with the doc. and looking at my old friend. He was sitting up and looked at me. The doc asked if I would wanted to be their when he put my old friend down?
I said no. My last memory was of my buddy was him sitting up and looking in my eyes.

These (pets) are much more than pets.  We give them food and comfort and they give all they have in return.  :2thumbs:

johnnycharger

This is my little pup. She is just over a year old. (I fixed the fender 3 weeks ago)

ODZKing

I am so sorry to hear Dirk.  I know exactly the feeling you describe as I have been there several times myself. And when I hear or read stories like this, it brings back those memories.
I think it is more difficult with pets than humans. A human you can talk to in most cases and you know they can at least realize what is going on. Pets are family members too and all you can do is look in their eyes as they fade away, it hurts.  :'(
Our 15 yr old Oliver sat there for a while looking for his pal Cairo when his pals left him. He most certainly was not himself.  We eventually got him 2 kittens to keep him occupied. And despite some medical issues he's has had, he is doing quite well and enjoys their company too.
God speed to your pal Dirk.

Dino

Thanks Bob.  You're right, it is really hard with a pet when you can't make them understand how you feel.  We're slowly getting better, all of us.  Charlie is no longer looking for Watson and is doing good.  We are spending a lot of time with him, even more than before, so we'll see where this goes.  If he becomes lonely then we want to get him a buddy, but we need to be careful as Charlie is easily intimidated and we don't want to scare him.

Johnny that's a gorgeous pup you got there.  :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

We will be getting a new member to our family on Monday. He is an adoption dog 5 year old Boston terrier. Can't wait.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Dino

Excellent!   :2thumbs:

Here's a few pics of Watson.  He loved laying in the sun like an old drunk.  Gotta love it.  Ever see a goatee on a cat?   :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

johnnycharger

Quote from: Dino on May 24, 2015, 11:54:57 AM
Excellent!   :2thumbs:

Here's a few pics of Watson.  He loved laying in the sun like an old drunk.  Gotta love it.  Ever see a goatee on a cat?   :icon_smile_big:

Awesome.  I think that is the purrfect name for that cat!

tcs69rt

Johnnycharger, that a pretty Dobie!!!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

johnnycharger

Johnny that's a gorgeous pup you got there.  :yesnod:
[/quote]

Quote from: tcs69rt on May 28, 2015, 03:54:13 PM
Johnnycharger, that a pretty Dobie!!!

Thanks guys!

Bobs69

My wife and I lost our youngest child today.  He was 14.  He had been with us since the age of 6 weeks.  He is the last of three to "grow up and move out."

I'm a better man for having had him by my side.  The pain however is excruciating.

Dino

Quote from: Bobs69 on August 21, 2015, 01:15:39 PM
My wife and I lost our youngest child today.  He was 14.  He had been with us since the age of 6 weeks.  He is the last of three to "grow up and move out."

I'm a better man for having had him by my side.  The pain however is excruciating.

I'm very sorry for your loss Bob, you'll be in my thoughts.

Charger-Bodie

Bobs69

I'm not really equipped to handle this.  How do I handle it?  A piece of me had been torn out.  My wife wasn't this upset at her own mother's funeral.

Dino

Quote from: Bobs69 on August 21, 2015, 11:34:24 PM
I'm not really equipped to handle this.  How do I handle it?  A piece of me had been torn out.  My wife wasn't this upset at her own mother's funeral.

Don't try to handle it.  It takes time and there is no shortcut to pain relief.  Just be sad.  Cry, cry, and cry some more.  Stick close to your wife.  There is nothing you can do right now but mourn the loss.  I wish I had a better solution but this is it. 

polywideblock

sorry for you loss , my George was 16 almost 17 ,was like loosing one of the kids   :yesnod:   

time is the only healer. its been 2 years this month but still can't bring myself to look for a replacement .    :'(

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Dino

Our boy Charlie lost his fight to cancer today.  3 months after we lost Watson.  Needless to say my wife and I are torn.  Goodbye my sweet boy...

Troy

Sorry to hear Dirk. FYI - the cat furniture sure does make for a strange optical illusion.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dino

Thanks Troy, and yeah I should've mentioned Charlie is not 6' long.   ;)

We found the furniture when strolling through the local re-use center and it has been the source of many hilarious moments.

ODZKing

So sorry to Bobs69 and you as well Troy.  As you know, I've been there.
Not a day goes by I don't think of our two lost a few years back.