News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger Glove Compartment

Started by TylerCharger69, July 03, 2006, 10:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

I bought a brand new glove box insert (in dash)  I seem to be having a difficult time getting it in  and I don't want to damage it.   Does anybody have a pic of this and the way it mounts in?....The A/C  and heater components are no longer there so if it has to go in from the backside,  you would think that there would be no problem.   Does the insert go over the metal, or behind, around the metal??   I never fathomed this being so difficult!!!

TylerCharger69

8WHEELER

I can tell you on my 68 we put the new one in from the front, they can be a true pain in the but thats for sure.
We bent mine in many different ways before it would go in, and after it was in it still needed some work
getting it lined up. Sorry I can't say how to do it ABC, because it was some time ago, and after it was done I thought
I don't want to do that again. It did not take a long time, but it was not easy I would say, one second you think
its going right in, then you have to stop and start from the other direction, then bend the lips up or down.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

TylerCharger69

So...the power of persuasion...huh?

Ghoste

I know for my 67 I had to disassemble the liner and then slide the two halves through the opening and reassemble.  Doesn't help you much though because the 1st gen glovebox is just a rectangular box.  No strange cutouts or lighting options.  Good luck and be patient I guess.

Just 6T9 CHGR

If you look closely at the new liner, you will see that there are crease/fold lines in the cardboard.

The sides fold up like a paper bag.   It goes in through the front.  Not hard at all
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TylerCharger69

okay  i see the paper bag type folds!!!    So one more question,,,,does the liner fit over the metal or does it fit behind it?..A pic  would sure help!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on July 04, 2006, 10:09:48 AM
okay  i see the paper bag type folds!!!    So one more question,,,,does the liner fit over the metal or does it fit behind it?..A pic  would sure help!!!

It fits behind the metal frame....the screws go through the metal frame and into the liner built in speed nuts.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TylerCharger69

Oh!!!  Okay!!!...d-u-u-u-uhhhhh...the built in speed nuts should've gave that away....lol....Thanks...sorry for that last stupid question!!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Only stupid questions here are the ones that arent asked......good luck!

:thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TylerCharger69

Thanks 6t9...I shoulda realized those on there though.....I say the same thing...There are no stupid questions...just stupid mistakes...lol