News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Deal of a Liftime

Started by tin_soldier, August 18, 2005, 10:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

;D

I just bought a 69 Charger for under $6000.00.   And yes it is way better than a rolling chasie.   I have always wanted one but just could not afford it.   So my WIFE looked for me on ebay (isn't that cool) she found one here in CT only 15 min away.   She told to buy as long as it was with in reasonable price.   Well any 69 under $6000.00 with a 383/727 is resonable.   don't ya think??   So we are both excited to get it home and start roaring down the streets.   Here is a pic of after she found on ebay we drove down the next mornig to check it out in person.   you got to have a pic on your thread otherwise it is dead.

Skyview69

nice find...good luck with it!  :yesnod:

69pistolgripRT

Think of all the money you will save with the general lee conversion already completed for you. :icon_smile:
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

tin_soldier

No I am not jumping on that banwagon.   Yes I do l ove the GL.   But it is little over played.   I mean I think I cried for min when I saw it on the new 06 Charger that is just a crime.   Then I saw on a rice rocket on the highway the other day.   Sorry that is not for me.   this baby is going Orignal.   with slight mods to the engine

PlumBad70

Sweet!!! Good Luck with her..Post progress pics!!! :icon_smile_big:
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

69bananabeast

Thats a great deal for what there goin now a days . Got mine from ebay for 7k a little more than couple years ago. came with 318/904   . Had some 360 parts on it as well. A pretty big came .480 lift or so .   The wiring was shotty all over and wouldnt hold a charge.   Had general lee wheels but sold them and got AR Thrust D's.      Sold the Vectors about half a year ago and got 450 for them which wasnt bad   since there got for like $125-500 right now .   Sorry I rambled on   a bit . But really did get a good deal.

Threw in a pic of mine nothings changed on outside but wheels and 3.73 posi

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

41husk

nice job, good luck with your restoration!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

Between This site, and that car, I'd say your gonna be pretty durn busy. Nice Find and good luck!

Jon Smith

You'd have got it for $5000 without that 01 on the door :lol:

KMPX2

Now break out the wallet & get her going

Telvis

Congratulations! it's always a great feeling when you get something you have wanted for a long time. Have fun with it.

tin_soldier

i broke the bank on this purchase that is why I am selling all my 3rd gen items.   and I got alot.   It will be all posted on ebay but I would give dc guys first dibs.  

I just got the okay from our land lord to get a dog and of course my wife is happy but i just stole her puppy money. LOL   and I been draging my feet about going on a vacation.   So I owe her.  

So please buy my parts so I can pay back the loan shark and get my wife her puppy.

Shakey

Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 11:59:00 AM
but i just stole her puppy money.

How much do puppies cost?

Anways, congrats on the purchase.

Drache

Quote from: Shakey on August 18, 2005, 12:26:58 PM

Purebred and "papered" puppies around here can cost anywhere from a few hundred to a couple thousand dollars a puppy.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Congrats on your Charger find! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tin_soldier

We are looking at a old english bulldog or a engilsh bulldog.  The price is looking @ 900-2500. :-[

PocketThunder

ya know, pets are only substitutes untill you have children .  then they get neglected and you are the only one that takes care of them.  but.... a dog is a lot cheaper than a baby.  Then you'll have more money to put into your charger instead of buying diapers and formula and daycare and etc......
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tin_soldier

The guy I bought it off of paid 9G's back in may of 05.   Life happen and he has to move on.   As they say your loss my gain.   He has everything for the car.   bumper tail lights side lights etc... just can't wait to drive it.

Yes I'll take 15 dogs before a single child.   I'll wake up @ 2 AM to let the dumb dog out before I am waken up by a screaming child for hours on end.   dog wins all the way around.   But accidents happens.   But so far so good.   Although know that I said that.   I am scared.

Silver R/T

you have nice wife, thats not R/T though is it? nice find
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 01:04:04 PM
Yes I'll take 15 dogs before a single child.   I'll wake up @ 2 AM to let the dumb dog out before I am waken up by a screaming child for hours on end.   dog wins all the way around.   But accidents happens.   But so far so good.   Although know that I said that.   I am scared.

hehehe    were you playing without a goalie??
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tin_soldier

Not sure if it is a RT.  Here is the listing off Ebay.  I don't see any thing saying it is but you never know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4568469751&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

;D

Thanks

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 18, 2005, 12:51:58 PM
ya know, pets are only substitutes untill you have children .   then they get neglected and you are the only one that takes care of them.   but.... a dog is a lot cheaper than a baby.   Then you'll have more money to put into your charger instead of buying diapers and formula and daycare and etc......
I can concour 100% on that one. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 12:49:16 PM
We are looking at a old english bulldog or a engilsh bulldog.   The price is looking @ 900-2500. :-[

Congrats on the Charger, but take your wife to the pound & let her pick out a mutt for free. $2500 will buy a lot of dog chow. Better yet, make sure you get a small dog so you can buy less food & more Charger parts.   :icon_smile_big:.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Drache

Or just buy your wife one of those bobbing head bulldogs that people have in their cars! More Charger parts that way!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

PocketThunder

Quote from: tin_solider on August 18, 2005, 01:13:55 PM
Not sure if it is a RT.   Here is the listing off Ebay.   I don't see any thing saying it is but you never know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4568469751&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

;D

Thanks

Nope.  its not.  Vin would start with XS if it was an original R/T.

CB

wow prices really went up lately :o
I bought my 69 with 383/4bbl in April. Paid 9K for it.

Good luck!!!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Just 6T9 CHGR

Good luck with the new car.

Please take the time to register her.

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tin_soldier

So as I get it home and the info I will be sure to register it.  thanks for the site.

Yes I already sugussted the pound.  I got a few hit up in the area.

ChargerRob

Congrats on your Charger. You better be awefully nice to your wife or a long time. :bow: Remember she made it happen. Never forget that.   :2thumbs:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

MyMopar

I'm in CT where are you at?  If you need help sometime, just shoot me some mail.

tin_soldier

I am in Plainville right next to   Southington and the home of ESPN bristol.     :icon_smile_cool:

And yes I owe her big time.   The funny thig is she dosen't even want to drive it.   she just want ride in it and hold on.   I figure the least I could do is offer for her to drive it.   But she really doesn't want to.   Well not yet.   wait until she hears it then she will.

Doc74

I had a big wth moment for a second but first of congrats on the find.
That very car was once owned by someone name Joe Pulaski aka fastgnrl, someone who scams people here and everywhere mopar.
I tried to buy that car from him, long before i knew who he was or what he was like.
In the end it didn't go through because of lots of warnings from people here and on moparts.
I still have pics of it.
It seems that you bought it from someone else and i'm glad you did, it's a great project for a very nice price.If you got it from the guy who bought it from Pulaski then he didn't make a big profit it seems, i know what he asked when i wanted it and it's not much less than your price.

tomonty

I remember that car when it was on ebay a while ago. I was bidding on it, but it went for like 8 or 9 grand and I wasn't going to pay that much for it. So you got it for 5600...you lucky dog :icon_smile_big:
Good luck with it and keep us posted on the progress :2thumbs:

Mike
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

tin_soldier

Thanks for the info.  I think I got a good deal on it.  Thanks for the history.   :o

Brock Samson

What are your plans for it Tin?

Silver R/T

good for me, I cant really imagine how much my R/T is worth now since ive bought it for 2200 and total investment over $5K
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69bananabeast

looks like a nice green 2nd gen in background
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

tin_soldier

I plan to make a nice crusier out of it.  Something that will take out those annoying rice burners.  and take most mustangs goal of taking them all out.   ;)

Brock Samson

Hummmm,.. sounds like mine..  ;)
what color? wheels?, options?..  & your fender tag man, Dammit! we want details!!  :icon_smile_wink:

tin_soldier

Not sure on fender tag don't have the car yet.  maybe today denfintely tomorrow.  Color wife picked out a "Gun Metal Grey"  Think that will look nice.  Wheel well for now i got the OEM Rallye with center caps but I would like that to a nice set kinesis rims.

Wakko

Great deal!! I remember that car from Ebay too.  When you get it home and sorted out, post some pics.  Congrats!
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Goldfinger71

Well Tin'
It's too  bad we have lost a 3rd gen supporter.I see you have stepped over into 2nd Gen territory.......and that's actually not a bad thing....Good Luck buddy! :cheers:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

jaak

your wife sounds cool, my wife is the same way... she can hardly wait til my charger is done... almost as much as i do, and she never bitches about money i've spent for parts, tools ,etc. In fact she's been an extra set of hands when i've needed them, you know holding stuff, etc. When i tore down the 440 to take it to the machine shop she wanted to help and she jumped right in gettin her hands all greasy...... it gave me a rise in my levi's..lol

as far as children we have 2 beautiful girls ages 2 & 4, and their births, being new parents, extra expence (diapers, toys, formula, toys, clothes, toys, whips, toys) has maybe set the completion of my car back longer than i expected..... its worth it!

cudaken

You did pretty good Tin. As far as your wife not wanting to drive it, mine won't even ride in mine now. Something to do with a 6-71 Blower hang over the fender's.

Far as dog's, they are the best! Like them better than people most of the time.

Now comes the fun part.

Cuda Ken
I am back

mustanghater

congrats, looks like parts aren't their? does it come with all the parts?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Ctcharger

Congrats, can't wait to start seeing it at shows around here.

Andy

Nupe

Sweet deal!  Gunmetal would look real nice too.  :icon_smile_cool:

Now more pics... now!   :devil:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

tin_soldier

Just got it home toady   ;D

Yes it comes with everything.  I'll be registering it soon with the second gen site.   :icon_smile_big:

cudaken

Well, where the PIC ;D Take it for a drive, anything fall off yet ;)

Cuda Ken
I am back

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Shakey on August 18, 2005, 12:26:58 PM

I paid around $600 for my poodle/pomerianan mix Bandit. I think it ended up being almost $1000 once all the other items were purchased (kennel, food/water bowls, food, coller, leash, etc.).

Anywho, congrats on your purchase and keep us posted :cheers: !

itchyballs

i think my deal of a life time would be my 69 R/T charger. all original sheetmetal and matching numbers#. paid $900 for it about 7 years ago. man i wish i could find some more deals like that. sounds like a good deal  tin soldier. post some pics and your progress for us..... :) :) :) :)

JimShine

Congrats! I am from CT myself. Actually bought (accidentally) the '69 I grew up looking at from my school bus window.

Tom_440

41husk

I bought my 68 with matching 383 and a 68 roller for $4,000 cost $1200 have it delivered and sold the roller for $2,000 and put about $6,000 in it so I now have a nice driver for about $9,000.  I think that is about the best deal I ever made.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

3XBlack73SE

Why bring back such an old thread? August 18, 2005??

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: 3XBlack73SE on October 28, 2005, 07:41:08 PM
Why bring back such an old thread? August 18, 2005??

Why not?  :icon_smile:

Any updates?  ???
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

cudaken

I just check and Tin was on line yesterday, but has not posted on this thread. Guess no news is good news.

Cuda Ken
I am back

'CUDA360

Right.. It's great when you can keep it in the family and everyone is on board

One time my father in law pointed a 'CUDA out to me in the paper!!
I still have that one

tin_soldier

***UPDATE***

I recently was going to sell my Charger.  I know shame on me after all the talk of my dream car.  I must admit I was down hearted.  It took me forever to get the tranny in.  Hey I am new at this stuff what would take a semi-pro would take me double the time.  Not that I am new to working on cars but I am new to doing everything on my own.  After the tranny was in I wanted to turn the motor over so I got the socket and the biggest wrench I could find and I could not turn the blasted thing over.  That is when I broke down.  I lost all interest and started to look for buyers.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Then a buddy told me to pull out the plugs.  I did that and wouldn't you know it turned over once that happened, it was like a weight was lifted.  That night I did more work on the car than I had ever done to date.  Ever time I go to work on it now it is fun and everything just seems to be flowing just right.  I hope to keep this pace up.  I guess I just needed a  :nutkick: to get back in line

Thanks for the help guys.  I do come here regularly for tips.  :2thumbs:

Old Moparz

Hang in there, spring is coming. When you see a few other nice cars at a local cruise, you'll feel even more motivated. It's easy to get discouraged, but try to ignore that part & close the garage door for a little while. The old car bug hardly ever goes away, it just hybernates, but most everyone has one of those "I regret I sold it" stories.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Glad to hear you didn't sell & are now playing with it more. :thumbs:

Just keep going a little at a time & before you know it, you'll be mostly done! :thumbs:

CB

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 10, 2006, 03:19:20 PM
Glad to hear you didn't sell & are now playing with it more. :thumbs:

Just keep going a little at a time & before you know it, you'll be mostly done! :thumbs:

yea, right.... ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

ChgrSteve67

Where are the progress pictures?
I would love to see an action shot of you trying to turn the motor with the plugs still in and pissed off.

My wife has one of me holding a lit cutting torch in my hands staring at the car.
For some reason she won't tell me where it is.

Truth of the situation is the radiator bolts were rusted solid and I could not cut them off with a hack saw so I fired up the torch.
I think you can guess who won after that, I only had a few extra holes in the radiator support to patch.

Don't sweat the not knowing how to do something. I work on mine until I'm stuck, then I ask for help. Even if it has to sit for a year or more or take it to someone to get past the crap I just can't do (Like installing a custom exhaust system). Just make sure you don't let the weather screw up the good work you have done. Make sure you keep it covered when you are not working on it and keep the inside dry (even if it does not have an interior).

Make a list of what needs to be done, prioritize the list and put a dollar amount next to each item. I try to create phases in the rebuild, outline what I want to do next and see how much money I need to complete that phase. If the phase cost two much money I think about how I can break up that phase into smaller tasks that I can afford.

I have been working on mine for the last 4 years. Safety came first (Breaks, Fuel System and lights), them came the drive train (rear end, trany, motor and electrical), next is metal work, body work, chrome, paint then interior.

My next phase is metal work. Hood scoop, sub frame connectors, spoiler and deck plating for the trunk area.
After I have all of my parts I'm taking the Charger to a metal worker to have it all installed.
Total price for this phase is around $2500.00 and should be done by September.
Currently I'm about $900.00 short and still missing my hood scoop.

Don't let passed dates get you down, there is always next year.
Make sure you set a new date.

Planning, thought and patience plays a big part in rebuilding these cars and lots of money really helps.

Oh I almost for got to tell you. "They are never done"

http://66-67charger.com/v-web/gallery/Steve-Shirley