News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coolant Reservoir

Started by RDR-838, July 23, 2006, 07:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDR-838

I've looked on the net and cannot find a pic of a '69 engine compartment with a coolant overflow res. Did '69's come with these, and if so, where were they located? Thanks.

JimShine

They did not come with them.

deputycrawford

They did not come with them. I just put my over flow hose into a washed, empty, gear oil bottle, zip stripped to the radiator support. Then the track would let me run.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Ghoste

I did basically the same thing for my 67.  I have seen a smaller GM recovery bottle used in a 69 but I have no idea what it originally came in.

TylerCharger69

They didn't come with one....the hose simply drained to the ground.....I just incorporated an aftermarket overflow bottle  with a 16 p.s.i. radiator cap.    I guess that was before the E.P.A.  stepped in as far as environmental issues were concerned.