News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who makes dual exhaust cut out valances?

Started by dustyswinger, August 04, 2006, 11:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyswinger

I have a 72 charger and I saw on a post awile back that someone was making dual cutout valances out of non cutout valances and I can't seem to find the post. I found a N.O.S standard  one and am thinking of having it done to it. The part number is 3505696, I thnk that will work on a 72 wont it? Thanks in advance. Craig

TruckDriver

;) Dayclona (member) makes them. I eventually want him to do mine.

About 3/4 way down page 1....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,1742.0.html
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chrisII

didnt you buy a rough dual cutout to fix for your car?

TruckDriver

No, it was just the cut outs. But one was a bit worse then it was described. I have a plain rear valance that I got. I wanna use that one to be re-done eventually.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dustyswinger

Thats the link I was looking for but when I would pull it up, it wouldn't let me view it. Thanks Craig

TruckDriver

Craig, leave a message for Mike G. or known as Dayclona. Then I'm sure he will get back to you. He doesn't post here much, so it might take him a while to get back to you. If you do this, let me know how it turns out. :yesnod:
PETE

AKcharger

Here's a thread for ya'

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,1742.30.html

I Had the same problem, they are either stupid priced or you just can't find 'em. I bought a fiberglass one from a guy named Dorsey and was happy. The Dayclona Gentlemen is another option,I think he told me like $250 or something...they do good work though. Anyway heat is not a factor and looks great to me.

Hey DCG..I bought those cutouts!  but sold 'em after I got the fiberglass one

1972Rallye

Another possibility is to modify a 73-74 dual cut-out valance to look right.  The are a bit more affordable, easier to find, and a simple modification.  All you need to do is weld in the bumper bracket cutouts and cut 2 small notches to copy those on the 71-72...  Even if your starting piece is beat-up, they are easy to beat back into shape!  :icon_smile_big:

That's what's on mine (even though 440 4-speed cars didn't come with bright tips)

hemihead

73-74 may be a little easier to find but affordable??? Not what I've seen.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

1972Rallye

Quote from: hemihead on August 08, 2006, 07:19:31 AM
73-74 may be a little easier to find but affordable??? Not what I've seen.

Granted, it's relative.  There is not a whole lot out there that is truely "affordable", but they are usually about $150.00 - $200.00 less than the 71-72 valances.  You can do even better if it's beat up...

AKcharger

I paid $150 for the fiberglass one...just sanded, painted and installed.