News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Converting from 22in to 26in Radiator Frame?

Started by ramblinn, July 21, 2006, 12:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblinn

I have a damaged front end, 70 Road Runner, so plan to convert from 22in to 26in radiator frame to increase cooling for 440-6 street/strip.  Will the 26in side frames interchange among 68-70B bodies?  Anyone whos done this...tips, suggestions welcome. 

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

That panel is just spot welded in like any of the other body panels.  A friend of mine did it to his car but he is a bodyman.

bill440rt

The radiator supports are the same. The 26" support only uses a different right (passenger) side baffle. The driver's side baffle is the same.
I converted my '68 rad support from 22"-26" to fit the bigger radiator. You can do this too if your support is good. The pasenger side baffles are similar, so I fit in the radiator, marked the line with masking tape, & cut. I then flanged the opening so it would look stock. No one has yet to notice. The only other "modification" is I had to use a 1/4" spacer between the top right hole in the radiator & the baffle to get the radiator to sit straight, due to the contour of the baffle in this area.

If yours is smashed/damaged, then weld in a replacement 26" support from a donor car.

Good luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ramblinn

jerry

both sides are different and have different part numbers.meaning the left side 22" is not the same as the 26". same on rt side.68-70 are all different.

hemi-hampton

If you replace the whole Radiator core support from a Donor car dont forget your V.I.N. # is located here also? LEON.

Ghoste

motorhead

You don't have that 22 inch shroud do you? I need one for my funky optioned 68 r/t.