News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 1966 383 rebuild

Started by moparheater, July 25, 2006, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparheater

Finally putting together the 383 for my 1966 Charger.  Some fresh paint, new parts, and the heads were redone. Here are some before and afters.

firefighter3931

Nice work...what a difference !  :2thumbs: So is this basicly a stock rebuild ? Welcome to the site, btw.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

moparheater

Yeah basically stock, swaped out the 2 barrel manifold for a 4 and got an Edelbrock 600 carb on the way, went with the electronic distributor.  The guy I bought this engine from had it sitting on a barn floor in manure for about 10 years, the oil pan was ate up and as you can see it was quite a mess.  If all goes well she'll be purring again soon.  The 66 charger that it's going in was a "pasture" find at a garage sell in the country.  Pretty decent shape considering how long it had sit too.  Hope to get some pics up of it as well.  Thanks for the welcome!

Here is a pic of the car...

firefighter3931

Nice "pasture" find  :icon_smile_cool: Sounds like a fun project...best of luck with it.  :thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

deputycrawford

Great project. Good find. Enjoy and welcome to the site.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.