News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wheel and tire combo

Started by Charger500, July 22, 2006, 04:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger500

Hello,

I am ready to purchase my wheels and tires. I am going to get the TT II's 15x8 in the rear 15x7 up front with BF Goodrich radial T/A 275-60x15 in the rear and 245-60x15 up front. I went to costco seeing if they will be able to put everything on etc...and they were trying to tell me that they won't fit. I know a lot of people run this same combo or something pretty close to it. I just wanted to make sure that this will fit on my 70' charger and that I don't have to make any modifications or anything. Thanks!

Charger500

P.S. I was also wondering for a pair of radial T/A's if $80 a tire is a good price... thanks

no318

Tire size isn't a problem.  May depend a little on back spacing. 

Dave22443

I have 235x60x15's on 15x7 Magnum's on the front of my '68 Charger with 4.5" of backspacing and have no problems of any kind.  Out back, I just upgraded to 195x50x15's on 15x10 Magnum's with 5.0" backspacing.  Clearance on the rear fender is too tight though, causing tire rub when compressed.  Now I have to add air shocks which I really didn't want to do, but the "steam roller" look is pretty impressive  :yesnod:

I would say that in your case, if you went with 4.5" backspacing on all of your rims (front and rear) you should be fine.

-Dave

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

no318

Dave, 
Any pics of yours with the 10" rims?
Kevin

Dave22443

I took some, but it was in the shade and they didn't really come out (you can't see the tires).  Will take some in the sunlight once I adjust the ride height and post'em up.

Thanks for asking!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln