News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

400 Mile, Free, Barn Find Daytona?!?!

Started by 262chargers, July 28, 2006, 04:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

262chargers

I was doing a google search for the Propane X car, and I found this stupid forum, I think its about potatoes, anyways, read these couple posts... I call BS on it, but who knows? Someone register and contact him...

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=11919&

69_500

Can we say BS.

Anyone know of more than 1 Daytona with 400 miles on it still? Granted it did get a paint job, that wasn't the factory color, but then again its worn the same color since the day it rolled out of the dealership new.

I call this one for what it is, a kid making up a story. I don't care if your Bill Gates your not giving a 16 year old a Daytona, especially one like Elmer's car.

terrible one

I don't believe a word of it! I'd like to see him try and make that story fly over here! How about the VIN number?

Brock Samson

Ghoste

Yep, I smell a big steaming pile o' poo.

dads_69

I'd like to see some photos myself, but the kid won't or can't post for some reason. But I doubt we'l ever see any. Not to high jack the thread, where I work, customer bought two new Ford GT 40 cars, he's giving them both away to his sons when they turn 16, within the next few years. Now thats crazy.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

69_500

I know of a person who owned a Plymouth dealership in 1970 and gave his 2 sons a pick of any cars on the lots. They both picked new 440-6 pac Superbirds. So the GT-40's would be about like that, well if they had both picked HEMI Superbirds, but what are the odds of having 2 on the same lot back then.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I registered & posted......see if he replies?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

andy74

PocketThunder

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on July 30, 2006, 06:44:06 PM
I registered & posted......see if he replies?
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on July 30, 2006, 06:44:06 PM

Hmmm....not likely......maybe in an episode of McGuyver....and stuff. 

But seriously though HAYLO_Stealer, how about some proof......inquiring minds would like to know.....

Hey, smart move throwing in the "and stuff" at the end, they'll never suspect your not a teenager. :icon_smile_big:  'n stuff.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Just 6T9 CHGR

I should have misspelled some words as well ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

OttawaCharger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on July 31, 2006, 12:20:45 PM
I should have misspelled some words as well ;)

You did ->you misspelt GacGyver  :D
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Should have mispelled a few words, and added a few abreviations for words. Like every teenager does when they type, they abbreviate everything, in a few more years none of them will know how to spell a single word.

Lowprofile

Wow, thats a stinker of a story.... :rotz: :icon_bs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

73rallye440magnum

Come on guys, not all teens are retarded. Cut us a little slack. Sounds like complete BS though. Will be interesting to see if he replies.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

69_500

No one ever said all teens are retarded. Just that they have a lot to learn, and they are prone to BS quite a bit to impress others. Then again so are people who are in their 30's, 40's, and 50's. I hear a lot of BS going on at various car shows. It seems everyone at a car show used to have a HEMI this or that, or a winged car.

Ghoste

This story would have pegged BS meters no matter how old the guy was.

69_500

Unless he bought the car off of Elmer D.

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on August 07, 2006, 05:48:56 PM
Unless he bought the car off of Elmer D.
As of last week, Elmer still owns the car.  The fellow advertising it from Arizona does not own the car.

69_500

If Elmer can't get that kind of money out of his car, then the gentleman I just talked to last night who is wanting $375K for his 4 speed Daytona will never get it. Its a clean car, but its far from perfect no matter what he claims.

TylerCharger69

I just read that...I had to go get some waders on for that!!!   Anybody have a spare can of Bullshit Repellant?  I found a couple of rusted out chargers.....but  not a Daytona   and not with 400 miles......free  yes....but   no where near running condition either.

gtx6970

Quote from: andy74 on July 30, 2006, 08:39:53 PM
#### em, he is full of ####

Language not needed in a public forum  or in good taste, simply shows ones age and mindset

TylerCharger69

mustanghater

There is a reason he is on a potator gun website....It spells LOSER!
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed